GREMLIN / GUARDIAN BELLS
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GREMLIN / GUARDIAN BELLS

GREMLIN / GUARDIAN BELLS

Does anyone have one on there F6B? This will be bike #4 and never had a bell.Do you believe in having a bell or is it just a superstitous story?

I thought that was just for Harleys? - Although, I have had 3 HDs and no bells...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

TennX
    Ive had one on my 06 1300R since new, I dont know if I believe in em, but Ive had plenty of close calls(cagers) and the bike has been flawless.....on another forum we have a pay it forward someone sends you a bell and then you send one on down the line...supposedly it only works if your given a bell...good luck

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I've had one on every bike I've owned so far. I have a new one in the mail for the F6 right now. I nick named my bike "Darth" so I found a Darth Vader Helmet pendant. Rule of thumb is don't buy it for yourself, it only works if it's a gift. My friends and I all buy them for each other when we get new bikes. Not sure if they work or if people believe they do. For me I can get behind the fact that I've had good luck so far on all my street bikes and maybe the bell helped out, who knows?????

Does anyone have one on there F6B?
    Yes, when we were checking out Miles bike at the CJMC event in Auburn I noticed a bell on the right engine guard.

supposedly it only works if your given a bell
    So the story goes.

To amplify the positive influence of the bell consider wearing bright colored protective riding gear, instal hi-viz lightning, a headlight modulator, paint the bike yellow or international orange, avoid drugs and alcohol, etc. etc. etc.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post

To amplify the positive influence of the bell consider wearing bright colored protective riding gear, instal hi-viz lightning, a headlight modulator, paint the bike yellow or international orange, avoid drugs and alcohol, etc. etc. etc.
    Thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    Ive had one on my 06 1300R since new, I dont know if I believe in em, but Ive had plenty of close calls(cagers) and the bike has been flawless.....on another forum we have a pay it forward someone sends you a bell and then you send one on down the line...supposedly it only works if your given a bell...good luck
    Thats what I was looking to do pay it forward or something like that.If someone has no bell like me let me know we can buy a bell for each other. Would have to ship it to each other so let me know on this forum or a private message if anyone is interested.

I have a bell on my bike. My sister got it for me after I hit and killed a bear with my Goldwing. She figured this might keep me safeGremlin Bell.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    Yes, when we were checking out Miles bike at the CJMC event in Auburn I noticed a bell on the right engine guard.

So the story goes.
    Gee, thanks for ratting me out...before I could admit to it myself.

Yes, I do have Ride Bells on every bike I own. I have done this for over 40 years, and I do it more for the old-fashioned heritage of it, than to stop any gremlins that might get close to my bike, unless...I am very hungry, and gremlin is on the menu.

All of my wife's bikes have Ride Bells too.

And yes...it is something that MUST be given to you. You CANNOT go buy one for yourself.

I don't know guys. I have had 20 or so motorcycles including 10 Harleys in the past 50 years of riding and never owned a bell. I did have one serious accident about ten years ago, still saw no need for a bell.

I knew a husband and wife team during my Harley years who both mounted bells just below the tripple trees of their Road Kings. First big dip they hit put matching dents in their front fenders. I guess the luck of the bell took a vacation day during that ride. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]