Newbie with tire wear, PSI questions for stock BS

Thread: Newbie with tire wear, PSI questions for stock BS

Newbie with tire wear, PSI questions for stock BS

Just bought my F6 in late July...just over 4K on it before winter hit here in Idaho....just wondering

What kind of miles can I expect on these stock BS tires??would really like to hear from riders in the Pacific NW....where many of roads are rough, chip-seal surfaces and questionable maintained, to put it mildly.... My ride style is moderate....10 mph over speed limits...??

Not much history w/ radial bike tires...mostly bias- ply big twin types over last 10 years...just wondering....I have been running 40 PSI in the front and 42 PSI in the rear, I weigh in at 250...
    Is that PSI about right for these tires and my bulk ???

I really like the ride and feel of these stock BS tires...so far...I had to replace the rear tire at 2900... I picked up a 2 inch metal screw that went in at an angle through the sidewall...
    so I will probably have to replace both at same time...later on....I was getting about 10 -11K out of rear ME880 and about 13K from the same tire on the front....

would like to hear from all WA, OR, ID, MT, UT, and NorCAL F6B riders....Thanks....Shaker

I'm here in nw Oregon, and I've got almost 10,000 on mine , the rear looks like it'll go another 2 or 3 thousand. I'll keep a pretty close eye on it though. The front should go a little farther. 40 and 41 or 42 psi is what I run also. Did probly 60% 2 up and I'm 300 or so and wife not small either .

I got 20K out of the front and 15 out of the rear, could have gone longer but wanted to go Darkside ....41#...checked often !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

thanks...

Thanks guys....I' m a rookie here....placed a new (same) thread with different title, shorter and to the point...but same questions...

I have owned several bikes over last 50 years, all here in Idaho....have never had a rear tire get 13,000 miles...Dunlops, Metzlers, Pirellis, Avon, BStones.....because the roads, for the most part, are coated with oil and chipped rock (chip-sealed) for weather and winter reason....damn hard on soft grippy bike tires...

Just want to see what mileage riders in the region...on similar surfaces, are getting from stock tires

Thanks for the input...sorry about double post

Tire wear

I've had Harleys for the last 25 years. Rear tires lasted about 8 to 10k and front about half again as much. My last Harley is an 09 Ultra with the larger rear tire and I've gotten 15k on them consistently. Don't know what will happen with the FB6 though. I keep my pressure at 39 lbs.

I'm at 11k, I maintain 40/40, and think I can get another 3-4k out of this first set of tires.

Northern Nevada rider here,I go around 375 lbs so I do put weight on the bike.I'm at 10K and ride at 40/40 in the tires.Looks like 3-5k left in the rear and the front I could go 19-20K.Mix of Hiway and mountian twisty's which we have a lot of up here.I love the wear and handling of these tires.

Hey edgeman....I was near Dayton last June...took a week trip from Caldwell, ID... Burns OR...to Lakeview OR...Alturas CA then Susanville CA and down CA 89 to Truckee and South Tahoe to ride over Monitor, Sonora, Ebbetts and Carson Passes....Wow....was that a great trip over some 20 to 26% grades.....came back north thru Carson City, Virginia City,Reno-Sparks....Boy, that area was as dry as I have ever seen it...

Your roads in that area are about like ours....lots of two laned chip seal roads....It is great to hear you are getting that mileage out of the rear.....very encouraging...as I have never got more than 11K out of rear tire on recent bikes....

I only have little over 4,000 on my F6....but I agree...like the feel and handling of these Stones now, if they will last 15K...I will be a happy camper....Thanks ...Shaker