floorboards - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: floorboards

Just in case anyone is interested .....

Here are the comfort controls from Roadsmith installed ....

Attachment 10306Attachment 10307

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    Just in case anyone is interested .....

Here are the comfort controls from Roadsmith installed ....

Attachment 10306Attachment 10307
    Very nice! Did the shifter peg change any at all. I understand and see the engineering on the brake side, but can't seem to tell on the shifter side if anything is different.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Very nice! Did the shifter peg change any at all. I understand and see the engineering on the brake side, but can't seem to tell on the shifter side if anything is different.
    I've been looking at this kit and YES the shifter side is modified as well to move the shift lever forward along with the pegs: I found more detailed photo of it and here is the link to the page:
    http://trikeshop.com/media/docs/cc-v.-2.2-complete.pdf

Yes this does move the shifter forward ..... and allows more adjustment ..... Something I need for my 36" inseam and size 14's.

My old (1983) goldwing I had actually moved the controls to the front of the engine and made floorboards from the original peg position to the engine front.

A while ago I looked at http://www.bigbikethings.com/NewProducts.html and thought about trying something like that ......

Attachment 10344

But this is my first new bike I ever bought and I don't want to get too drastic ......

I bought the bike w/kuryakyn toe heel shifter with floor boards already installed and love them. The previous owner had installed a lot of get farkles and also powder coated them. Sure saved me a bundle! I'll get some pictures and post today.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Have had the mini boards for over a year and really like them. However, you have to get accustomed to repositioning your foot for shifting because it reduces the area between the board and the shifter rod peg. It is second nature to me now but did take some practice to get the new feel right.
    How does the brake pedal feel! I put the BK/chrome Kury Mini boards on...Need to put some miles on...Brake lever seems small now!! Probably have to buy that too! My PILE of stock bits is getting bigger and bigger!!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I've got these installed. Perfect for me, way more comfortable than the stock pegs. I can still crank the bike way over and I've only had them drag once. Highly recommended.
    +1 I have mine tilted down a little in the front also. More natural position and you still have to try to make them drag.

I have the mini boards also, but I found that if I tilted the shifter side board down on the front 1 detent I have a lot more room for my foot. Took a little to get use to because right board is flat and left board is slightly tilted, but it works for me.