F6B best rear LED switchback fit ???

Thread: F6B best rear LED switchback fit ???

F6B best rear LED switchback fit ???

Need the opinions of others who have done the LED conversion lights on rear of your F6B....

Am interested in the SoCalMotoGear.com brand name...with plugs and play LED switchback bulbs without any drilling in rear light boxes..... looking to light up entire red rear lightbar when running and braking....but to have turn signal be amber when in use....

If anyone has done the rear conversion LED deal lately....I would really appreciate your advise and opinions....especially if they were SoCalMoto parts....or similar plug and play brands....thanks

Shaker

I went with signal dynamics set up because I wanted running lights and brake lights from my ts, but by law that requires the ts/running lights to be red. I'm not thrilled with my leds, I've bought quite a few and frankly, I think the standard incadescents are generally just as bright and reflect more fully with less gaps. I've tried the socal switchback on front ts, and they are glaringly bright at around 6K, but the amber portion is somewhat dim compared to stock bulb, there is also a lag going from the white to amber light.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    I went with signal dynamics set up because I wanted running lights and brake lights from my ts, but by law that requires the ts/running lights to be red. I'm not thrilled with my leds, I've bought quite a few and frankly, I think the standard incadescents are generally just as bright and reflect more fully with less gaps. I've tried the socal switchback on front ts, and they are glaringly bright at around 6K, but the amber portion is somewhat dim compared to stock bulb, there is also a lag going from the white to amber light.
    How many LED's did the bulbs have in them that you used in back? I swapped over the rear running to Red LED's, they look nicer, a deeper red, but not really any brighter then stock bulbs. They are 360 deg coverage and have 12 LED's in them.
    I was thinking about trying some LED Bulbs with 27 LED's to see if they are brighter. I can get a good deal buying them direct, and getting a dozen or so, but didn't know how much brighter they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    How many LED's did the bulbs have in them that you used in back? I swapped over the rear running to Red LED's, they look nicer, a deeper red, but not really any brighter then stock bulbs. They are 360 deg coverage and have 12 LED's in them.
    I was thinking about trying some LED Bulbs with 27 LED's to see if they are brighter. I can get a good deal buying them direct, and getting a dozen or so, but didn't know how much brighter they would be.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These worked well for me with 33 chipsets. I have tried some bulbs with 6o+ chipsets from Superlumations that weren't as good or as bright, I think the size and quality of the chipset has more to do with it.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These worked well for me with 33 chipsets. I have tried some bulbs with 6o+ chipsets from Superlumations that weren't as good or as bright, I think the size and quality of the chipset has more to do with it.

You are correct, adding more LED's "chipsets" appears to be better but when the lumens are the same you are not getting any brighter.
    Most are between 300 to 400 Lumens. I have some that are about 600 lumens that I am going to order and try out.

I was just looking at some LEDs on Amazon that claim to put out around 800 lumens..you guys might take a look....
    they might be the ones mentioned earlier in this thread ??

was an Amazon brand, found under "honda gl1800 electrical"....JDM ASTAR AX-2835 with 7440 and 7443 base....33 chips with 23 to 25 lumens per chip....about 2" tall and little less than 1" diameter comes in brillant red, amber and white....amber were $ 17 a pair and red and white were $ 19 pr...

sorry I didn't get the link,,,,but they are easy to find....33 chips X 24 lumens ea = 792 lumens, in the brake or t/s modes.....but seems worth looking at ? Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    I was just looking at some LEDs on Amazon that claim to put out around 800 lumens..you guys might take a look....
    they might be the ones mentioned earlier in this thread ??

was an Amazon brand, found under "honda gl1800 electrical"....JDM ASTAR AX-2835 with 7440 and 7443 base....33 chips with 23 to 25 lumens per chip....about 2" tall and little less than 1" diameter comes in brillant red, amber and white....amber were $ 17 a pair and red and white were $ 19 pr...

sorry I didn't get the link,,,,but they are easy to find....33 chips X 24 lumens ea = 792 lumens, in the brake or t/s modes.....but seems worth looking at ? Shaker
    They are the same. I looked at the reviews also where one person actually checked the lumens, not 800 like they claim. I was wondering how they were claiming so much more then virtually everyone else.
    They are probably around 500 to 600 lumens which is brighter and is probably enough more to make a difference. Also as we have noticed there will not be as much of a difference in brightness when using your brake, not much brighter. We tell everyone to use a modulator then it does not matter that much.

From their introduction years ago, I have been fascinated with LED's. What is making it more difficult, in selecting these for our various applications, is that they are routinely being falsely advertised. Even the most trusted vendors are lying about the wattage, the lumens, and the color temp. Either these vendors are ignorant or simply dishonest. I see no other explanation. Often, the result for those of us who want to replace incandescent lights, is that we have to purchase several, if not many, LED's until we find a satisfactory one. Perhaps, that is all part of the marketing plan. I know I have spent (wasted) many dollars in my search for the right LED. So, buyer beware!
    Ken (Hornblower)

I think ignorance is probably right, unless it's Superluminations were they knowingly sell crap and piddle around on their returns with a %20 restock. I wonder if there just isn't any In'tl standard for light output? Of course a lot of this stuff is Chinese branded, the mfg. could simply be lying to the distributors.
    ss^,
    Ken