How big of a deal is ABS?

Thread: How big of a deal is ABS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How big of a deal is ABS?

I sure wish ABS would have been an option her in the US when I bought my '14. I ride pretty conservatively, but still wish I had it. Should be envying those that have it, or just stop worrying about it?

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    I sure wish ABS would have been an option her in the US when I bought my '14. I ride pretty conservatively, but still wish I had it. Should be envying those that have it, or just stop worrying about it?
    Great for wet roads. After that it helps out after brakes are applied incorrectly. Just my two cents. Been ridding since 1957.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Most of the motorcycle magazine testers feel the Honda linked-brake system works just fine and not a "must have" on the F6B. I have no issue with the brakes on mine...I rode a 900lb. Victory Vision Tour for over 3 years with ABS and did not notice any difference on it compared to the Honda...Some are really "hung-up" on ABS brakes and that is fine. Most newer bikes from several companies seem to have them, so some in the engineering camp must feel that they are the better way to go...It was obviously not a deal breaker for many of us on the board who have 2013/14 models without....I understand if one is a very aggressive rider and does a lot of twisties, etc. ABS is the way to go, although I cannot really say as I do not ride that hard.....JMHO

If you are counting on ABS to save your bacon, you are already a susstistic.

Never had 'em and never wanted 'em in my 51 years of riding. I do love the linked brakes on my F6B. I rarely touch the foot brake even for panic stops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The last three bikes I rode did not have ABS, so for me it is no big deal on my 6.
    Of course, my last three bikes also did not have reverse, cruise, heated grips, etc. but the 6 is still the best bike, by far, I have ever ridden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    What is a "susstistic" ??? Sure you don't mean a "statistic"....Regards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Great for wet roads. After that it helps out after brakes are applied incorrectly. Just my two cents. Been ridding since 1957.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Never had 'em and never wanted 'em in my 51 years of riding. I do love the linked brakes on my F6B. I rarely touch the foot brake even for panic stops.
    +1 (3?)
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I would like for my F6B to have ABS and would gladly pay extra for it. It definitely helps significantly during panic stops on wet roads.

I have had ABS on my last 2 bikes and now on the F6B.

I have made a few panic stops and avoidance manoeuvres now for stray wildlife, and it's after you have done this a few times you appreciate ABS.

It has saved my bacon a couple of times especially when your only exit at 110kph is the gravel shoulder.

I love em.