Costco Motorcycle Buying Program - Anyone here use it to buy your F6B?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco Motorcycle Buying Program - Anyone here use it to buy your F6B?

Costco Motorcycle Buying Program - Anyone here use it to buy your F6B?

Has anyone here purchase their F6B from a dealer using the prearranged pricing available to Costco members?

I've done a lot of googling, and there really aren't many reviews of the Costco's motorcycle buying program. The few reviews I've found seem to be from people happy with the prices they were quoted from participating dealers.

It will be a few months until I buy a 2015, I'm just curious as to what I can expect when a get Costco quote.

http://www.costcoauto.com/powersports/default.aspx

I'm surprised no one here looked into it before buying their F6B. I'll bump this thread back up in April when I get my quote.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

I have used Costco to purchase several cars. The program is easy. The price is fair, not exceptional, but fair. I have also used the Costco price as a starting point for better negotiations in the past. Not sure how it will work with a motorcycle purchase, the dealer pool is smaller and the number of units available is no where near what cars are, and is local market driven. Likely you will only have one dealer for an F6B that works with your local warehouse. What I do know is that the dealer vetting process within Costco is fairly stringent and your experience will likely be painless and customer oriented.

If you choose to go through Costco. Please report back. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

I don't think Costco has any set deals with Honda dealers to purchase bikes. The only motorcycle brand Costco has on their program is Kawasaki. You go to Costco's power sports website to enter your location, then plug in what you are interested in purchasing and your time frame of purchase. For a car, Costco will show how much Costco's price is on the website. For a motorcycle, it will list the participating dealers. You enter your contact info, and the bike dealer will call you, generally the same or next day their store is open. The sales rep has a binder of all their kawi models and Costco member's price. You can go to the dealer and see the price list for yourself if you don't believe the sales rep. Then you can try to haggle from there or try another dealer to see if they are willing to lower their price...but chances are, the internet price is the lowest you'll find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    The only motorcycle brand Costco has on their program is Kawasaki.
    That was true when they first started the motorcycle program, but now they have just about every make except Indian and Harley. For me, the participating Honda motorcycle dealer is within walking distance from my house.

Well, I just ended up making a deal on a blue 2015 without ever getting the Costco price. It looks like someone else is going to have to be the first to post up their Costco buying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    That was true when they first started the motorcycle program, but now they have just about every make except Indian and Harley. For me, the participating Honda motorcycle dealer is within walking distance from my house.
    Good to know about the expanded motorcycle brand line. I wish I knew that when I purchased my bike. Did you get the standard or deluxe? How much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    Good to know about the expanded motorcycle brand line. I wish I knew that when I purchased my bike. Did you get the standard or deluxe? How much?
    I got the deluxe. $18,675 OTD before TTL, $20,000 including TTL.

2015 Blue Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I got the deluxe. $18,675 OTD before TTL, $20,000 including TTL.
    Great price! May I ask where?

Quote Originally Posted by carpdm View Post
    Great price! May I ask where?
    Tousley. That price should be good until March 31st when the $500 bonus bucks expire. Send me a PM if you'd like my salesperson's contact information. I know they don't have any blue non-deluxe F6Bs in stock, but I'm not sure about the other versions.

My bike is still in their warehouse, so I haven't laid eyes on it yet. I told them there is no hurry to prep it since we're probably at least a month away from decent riding weather.

If you're willing to travel, Russellville in Arkansas has the non-deluxe for $17,185 and the deluxe for $17,985.

On a side note, if you end up getting a non-deluxe and want a center stand, I was told if you stop by the Roadsmith store in White Bear Lake, you can get one for $20.