polished and coated GL rims...what years ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: polished and coated GL rims...what years ??

Limoles.....Thanks again.....The plan is to go with the newer polished and coated front wheel assy when the front BS tire wears out....only have 4500 miles on it now

Do you know if the newer 2012+ front wheel assembly comes with the PSI monitor set up, or not ?
    Seems like that is where much of that extra $ 200 would be....

AND...if the newer front wheel comes with monitor value,,, can it be used in basic old gauge mode, or does the new monitor value need to be replaced with basic SS 90 degree value...like the one on my black stock rim now????

OR...maybe either way will work fine? Don't know....just a bit of a newbee here....Thanks Shaker

No - front wheel assembly might have both bearings and seals only and shouldn't be sold with any additional accessories or electronic devices . Look , monitoring tire pressure requires entire modern electronic circuit system , which is installed only in newest GWs already. Forget about it , because F6B doesn't come with such a system . You don't need to think about this at all . Despite of any wheel's external finish , all rims for GW have the same entry holes for valves - no exceptions . Mentioned PSI monitor is nothing , but the only part of that system added to the valve in newest GWs and in your project doesn't have anything to do with "possible mistake" . Simply buy new wheel , tire and the only 90 degree best quality valve stem ( up to $15.00 ! ) .Pump the air , following suggested by factory tire pressure and ride . Ones a while check the air pressure and inspect condition of the wheel .

Great....that is what I wanted to hear....don't have any interest in the new monitor stuff....I just want new wheel to be set up just like the 90 degree value stem on the stock F6 wheel.....

Again, thanks for advise and help...Appreciated for sure.....Shaker

So, I am also interested in the polished /coated wheels, if it says " off a 2012 GL1800 Goldwing. Tire and wheel have 0 miles. Fits GL1800 Goldwings 2001-2012" I can take for granted it is polished. Thanks in advance

I just looked at a 01-14-Honda-GL1800-Goldwing-Front-Wheel-Rim-New-Chrome-SHOW-QUALITY, when I went down to the fitment guide it said it was NOT compatible w/the F6b.

Maybe because it is not a 2010 to 2014 rim ?

It might need the spacer(s) only , but all wheel dimensions are the same .

One hand on the "buy it now" button but some thing is still holding me back from buying that 2012 Goldwing rear wheel and then find the front later. Help me push that button or pull me away.

I love me some chrome

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Help me push that button or pull me away.

I love me some chrome
    This may help to push.

I was told by the parts guy in charge of trike conversion at Russellville Honda in Russellville AR that any Goldwing GL1800 wheel including and after 2012 will fit any F6B.

... and we agree with you again ...