Best feeling in the world - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best feeling in the world

Ok, maybe you should change the title to, Second BEST feeling in the world, lol.

My daughter and I went to a local BMW dealer's Octoberfest gig back in October of all times. As soon as we parked, 2 guys came up to look at the F6B. Had a few questions and complemented it quite a bit. Then after leaving there we stopped at a convenience store briefly. She went in while I sat on the bike waiting and another guy, Harley rider, parked his truck next to me and chatted for a bit. He asked what it was as well and liked the look.

I love the attention the bike gets and that you don't see them all over like most bikes. I've only seen 2 in my area and that was only once each.

The other day I pulled up to a stoplight and a cop on a ST pulled up right next to me and asked, "What is it?". He really liked it.

Being bored in the frozen North up here, while reading through some old road tests of the F6B, I finally put my finger on why the F6B is so different and special for me. It's certainly not the size of the bike, but it's all about 2 unique aspects of the engine.

1) The F6B (along with the GL1800 of course) is the ONLY motorcycle engine that has zero vibration throughout its entire operating range. No other current engine that I'm aware of can make that claim.

2) The torque curve is so high and flat that the engine has absolutely no peakiness or zone of lacklustre performance. Acceleration is truly like turning the rheostat of an electric motor.

Back to the cold garage to look at and sit on my sleeping F6B.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Being bored in the frozen North up here, while reading through some old road tests of the F6B, I finally put my finger on why the F6B is so different and special for me. It's certainly not the size of the bike, but it's all about 2 unique aspects of the engine.

1) The F6B (along with the GL1800 of course) is the ONLY motorcycle engine that has zero vibration throughout its entire operating range. No other current engine that I'm aware of can make that claim.

2) The torque curve is so high and flat that the engine has absolutely no peakiness or zone of lacklustre performance. Acceleration is truly like turning the rheostat of an electric motor.

Back to the cold garage to look at and sit on my sleeping F6B.
    And none of those attributes are visible,,, yet the 6 receives compliments based on appearance only,,,

The smoothness / flat-wide power delivery is only something you experience AFTER you swing a leg over it,,,

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Acceleration is truly like turning the rheostat of an electric motor.

Thats funny, Thats exactly how describe the power plant of the F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    Thats funny, Thats exactly how describe the power plant of the F6B.
    After teaching electrical for 30+ years, that's my analogy.

Yep, the 6 gets Lots of attention...

I was sitting on my parked bike in Key West this week and a family of 4 from Austria approached me to ask if they could take a photo. Um, yea sure...

Sitting in traffic the day before, and the good looking Harley in front of me pulls over and he and the pretty girl dismount. I pull along side. "Hey man, can I give you a hand?" He looks like he would rather eat a bowl of files than answer. "No thank you; I OVERHEATED!
    It's 82 deg.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

I want to chime in on this thread after what I experienced during a ride yesterday (Jan 1).
    The ride is called the 'Coldfinger Run' - it benefits Camp Adventure, for kids with cancer and their siblings.
    It's a fairly big run, promoted heavily by one of our primary Long Island rock stations.

Anyway, I was struck by the non-stop positive attention I received from riders of all makes and models of bike. I didn't even have time to take my helmet off before guys started to ask questions and compliment the F6B.
    Here's the kicker - as I and some guys from my club were pulling into the parking lot at the end site, amid many hundreds of other bikes, the salesman who sold me my bike (2014 yellow F6B Deluxe) and who happened to be attending the run himself, came running over to shout out a 'hello' to me, even though he couldn't really 'see' ME, as I was wearing a full face helmet. Amid hundreds of approaching bikes, he saw one yellow F6B Deluxe, and assumed it had to be me!
    It's fun to be riding such an outstanding and different machine that also catches so many other people's eyes and imaginations.