Helibars vs risers

Thread: Helibars vs risers

Helibars vs risers

I have the rocky risers on my bike now
    Although I'm "pretty" happy with them, I'd like my grips to be an inch or two higher.
    Does helibars put the grips even higher than Rocky's risers?
    I'd like to hear from those who went from some sort of risers (MBL, kury, Rocky's etc) to helibars.
    Thank you

With Helibars, you can put the grips just about anywhere you want them... the question comes down to $$$$
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I just sold a bunch of stuff in Ebay, trying to gather some $$$

I want to get roadsmith comfort controls, helibars and Rush slip ons.
    I think the helibars will make the most drastic change in comfort
    But I just wanted to make sure that I can actually set the grips
    Higher than my current set up (rocky risers) BEFORE I spend the bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I just sold a bunch of stuff in Ebay, trying to gather some $$$

I want to get roadsmith comfort controls, helibars and Rush slip ons.
    I think the helibars will make the most drastic change in comfort
    But I just wanted to make sure that I can actually set the grips
    Higher than my current set up (rocky risers) BEFORE I spend the bucks.
    I don't know haw the height and pull back compare to the Rocky Risers, but I had Kury risers and it took the Heli bars to solve my comfort issues.

Although I'm "pretty" happy with them, I'd like my grips to be an inch or two higher.
    I'd like to hear from those who went from some sort of risers (MBL, kury, Rocky's etc) to helibars.
    Thank you
    YES much more, I went from Rocky comfort risers to HeliBars, There is no comparison between the amount of up, down, width and wrist angles ajustments between the HeliBars and any aftermarket risers IMO.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

2kewlgypsy
    A friend of mine has a Harley Trike and just put the heli's on, they are much better looking than ours - they said it was a new generation and didn't have a cross bar on top.
    Anyone know if they are upgrading the ones for the wings as well? I'd buy the heli's if they looked better - I just don't like the look of em.
    I was planning to pull out all the bolts and paint the heads black and color in the white adjustment lines if I go that route, and if they offer this same style.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    A friend of mine has a Harley Trike and just put the heli's on, they are much better looking than ours - they said it was a new generation and didn't have a cross bar on top.
    Anyone know if they are upgrading the ones for the wings as well? I'd buy the heli's if they looked better - I just don't like the look of em.
    I was planning to pull out all the bolts and paint the heads black and color in the white adjustment lines if I go that route, and if they offer this same style.
    I was thinking the same.
    I wonder if it would make not sturdy enough if you just hack off the center cross bar....

Thank you
    BBB--From the HeliBars web page...up to 2 1/2" taller than stock and up to 4" closer than stock and a wrist sweep angle up to 36 degrees. Of course, there is a combination of adjustments that ultimately determines what can be done. From my personal experience with the MBL tall risers, these can go higher still. There's almost no reason you can't get the position you need with HeliBars.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    YES much more, I went from Rocky comfort risers to HeliBars, There is no comparison between the amount of up, down, width and wrist angles adjustments between the HeliBars and any aftermarket risers IMO.
    its the difference between night and day in comfort
    i moved back with my king seat and the heli bars came to me perfect
    +1 on the heli bars

After talking with some forum members (thank you Steve 0080 and horn lower.) and gathering some more info, I have decided to get them for my bike from Keith (goldwing werks).
    I love I'll report back after I get them installed (will be installing myself).

Thank you guys!