F6B ... Stands for ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B ... Stands for ???

F6B ... Stands for ???

Anybody know the true "Honda" answer to this ...

F6B

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Anybody know the true "Honda" answer to this ...
    Flat 6 Cylinder Bagger

Cool

F6B = F6A= Valkyrie F6B= 2nd generation .... Does not stand for " Bagger ".....
    My thoughts....When Honda retired the 1500 engine they needed a place for the ones on the shelf....Valkyrie......When Honda retires the 1800 they will need a place for the ones on the shelf.....F6B ...just my $.02....if history repeats its self ???

The other web site started " Bagger " because we started this site before they could get the domain name.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

F6B = Flat 6 cylinder Bad Ass Mo Fo

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Honda calls it a cruiser, at one of the early shows there was a large "CRUISER" sign hanging right above a F6B. They will not call it a Bagger because that's the "Harley style" for the past 5-6 years, I believe Harley set that standard. When I was in Daytona this past March 2013 ……. Honda did not and would not call it a Bagger. The Honda factory reps were adamant about not being associated with the Harley "Bagger" brand. One of the reps said …….. "the F6B is not a Harley nor are we trying to imitate a Harley, the F6B is in a league of its own"

GL1800A is the designation for the Goldwings
    GL1800B is the designation for the F6B Goldwings aka F6B
    GL1800C is the designation for the EVO6 aka F6C

The "B" is for PARTS clarification and designation to avoid confusion at the dealership

The original F6A was the Valkyrie 1500, it came in a Standard (F6 - no side bags), the Tourer (the original F6B - with hard side bags) and a Interstate (F6C aka the "Lite" Goldwing).

One More Shot

FAST 6 BANGER

did some reserch just like all of Hondas MC s they are based on airplanes. The Blackhawk one of the fastest fighter jets produced, the Valkryie was the largest mach III plane etc etc etc Boeing only made one F6B a superfast single seat war plane so to keep up with Honda's wing theme they name the bike after it

Flat Six Bagger

I found this picture of F6B Japanese Brochure on web. No 'bagger' conotation is included, but at least 'Flat Six' is spelled out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I found this picture of F6B Japanese Brochure on web. No 'bagger' conotation is included, but at least 'Flat Six' is spelled out.

That Magazine photo above shows that Honda calls this a CRUISER , underneath the F6B it says … " Cruising Flat Six "

You can see it at the first :06 seconds mark in the introduction of the following video and again at the 4:06 mark at the end …..

F6B
    Cruising Flat SIX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9voSHnZE_EM