Happy Campers - list your great camping locations...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Campers - list your great camping locations...

Happy Campers - list your great camping locations...

Where have you camped that was great? List them so I can ride there.

Just back from a 2,300 mile run that included the FL Keys. I'm happy to have a December sunburn! The Keys water temps were 71. Day air temps in the low 80s, night temps low 70's. She rolled 19,000 wonderful miles this morning on the way home as I passed through Amelia Island.

From my 5 nights camping in different FL locations here are 3, I recommend.

Ocala North RV Park in FL. http://www.ocalanorthrv.com/. It was great because it was $15 and I'm cheap. Clean bathroom, hot shower, community hall and no one was fussy about me sleeping by my bike in a wooded area (away from the lights) not marked for tents.

Big Pine Key FL, Bahia Honda State Park. http://www.floridastateparks.org/bahiahonda/ $36 per night, a shower is shown on their map. I did not stay here, the catch is reservations are needed 11 months in advance. But Wow this place is beautiful! I spent part of a day walking on the beach and swimming. I hate making reservations but in this case I'm thinking about it. Beware the park is packed out this time of the year, it took 20 minutes to get in the gate.

A general note about the Keys this time of year - plan your trip well or it may lead to adventure sleeping. The Keys are over crowded, traffic is awful after 10am and I think I'll go back if at all possible next year.

Melbourne Beach FL, Long Point (County) Park, http://www.brevardcounty.us/ParksRec...LongPoint/Home
    $31 per night, hot shower and a tent site on the water. When I rolled in 30 min before dark with my butt dragging I was greeted with a "NO VACANCY" sign. No one was around so I waited. The manager soon returned, he smiled and he said he would be glad to work me in. Happy day! The Indian River must be 2 miles across there and what a great view with my tent pitched 15' from the water. The water was a little cooler than the Keys but I did swim with the dolphins...well sort of. I swam, and they swam 30' away. I'm told I also swam with the gators. Free public beaches are located within 2 miles of this camp.

Now I hope to hear about your great camping locations.

Happy New Year!
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

good adventure

2015 red wood run piercy California,june 12 thru 15 .you must order tickets in advance.arive early for best camp site.best route to take is .....start on highway 1 from morrow bay head north along big sur coast. camp in big sur for one night, from there head north to golden gate bridge ,from golden gate bridge get back on high way 1, take highway1 north to Leggett, from there take highway 101 to piercy .....follow high way 1 as much as possible when travelling through central an northern California for some of the best scenery in the country........take youre time .there are camp grounds and hotels along the way....plan to camp three or four nights between morrow bay and peircy in order to keep from being rushed.....e mail me for greater detail,or further info.......this is a good ride even if your not going to the event.......the best time to ride California is spring,or fall....hope to hear from some of you f6b riders.."the road goes on forever"..........later red dog.......

Moab UT

Attachment 10386

found these camp sites along the colorado river

go south through Moab UT, turn at the mcdonalds, head west out of town along kane creek blvd

as i recall it was $10 (state site)
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

This may not be relevant but here goes. My wife and I camp on a regular basis and use our bikes as transportation. Here are a few of the great places we've stayed.
    Koa Cherokee NC. Great place easy access to downtown Cherokee, Blue Ridge parkway and others.
    KOA, Kissimmee Fla. Excellent facilities, great access to Disney World, and local shopping and country rides. 100 campsites all paved sites and Roads.
    Nova Campground, Port Orange Fla. great place, easy access to Daytona Beach.
    KOA Myrtle Beach SC. Great old campground, Good facilities. easy access to all of Myrtle Beach.
    American Heritage Campground Williamsburg Va.
    There are many others too numerous to mention.
    Plan to tour the west this year!
    Great way to see the country. Good luck, enjoy

all good

NCF6B, All locations are relevant. Thanks for posting. The last time I camped in Cherokee it was right behind a burger joint, maybe Burger King. The Parkway run is a favorite for me. I noted KOA.

My summer goal is to camp under the Redwoods. Not sure where yet. The June fun run mentioned earlier won't work for my schedule but the good news is red dog just offered to be a Cal resource.

Moab Utah? Maybe. Nice picture coffee weasel. Going out west this time Montana is a priority State.

Keep em coming.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Thanks, you'd be pleased with the Cherokee KOA. Located on the reservation with some of the best stream trout fishing anywhere!

fl1madmax

Vogel State Park in North East Ga. onec you go there you will fall in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    This may not be relevant but here goes. My wife and I camp on a regular basis and use our bikes as transportation. Here are a few of the great places we've stayed.
    Koa Cherokee NC. Great place easy access to downtown Cherokee, Blue Ridge parkway and others.
    KOA, Kissimmee Fla. Excellent facilities, great access to Disney World, and local shopping and country rides. 100 campsites all paved sites and Roads.
    Nova Campground, Port Orange Fla. great place, easy access to Daytona Beach.
    KOA Myrtle Beach SC. Great old campground, Good facilities. easy access to all of Myrtle Beach.
    American Heritage Campground Williamsburg Va.
    There are many others too numerous to mention.
    Plan to tour the west this year!
    Great way to see the country. Good luck, enjoy
    beautiful place, clean, quiet, fire pits ,streams ,water falls, and some of the best riding for 250 mile's around !
    I like it so much I bought a place near it, now its 6 months in the summer there and 6 months in the winter in Melbourne Florida.

Sure would be nice to have all this information by state. Hum?
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.