Happy Campers - list your great camping locations... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Campers - list your great camping locations...

By State...

"Sure would be nice to have all this information by state. Hum? "

Deer Slayer, Yes it would. Now how to best store the data in my iphone 5S. In my contacts by state with addresses? In my "notes"?
    Other?

I tend to ride until evening, then using Siri inquire about campsites. Within an hour or two this results in a camp site...most of the time.

If your Great Camp Sites were in my "contacts" I can see myself stopping for tea. (Early afternoon it's time for roadside hot tea and peanuts... "the snack of champions.") and using my map app, planning a route to one of the great campsites.

Thoughts?
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Killer Camping Sites

Porcupine Mountains: Michigan in the upper peninsula, along lake superior..Great look at the 2 mile long lake called Lake of the Clouds, from the parking lot observation point. Camping in the hills with permit only.

Glacier Nat. Park: Montana. If you want to see mountain goats, rams and watch bald eagles catch fish from a lake, this is your place.

Banff and Jasper Nat. Parks: British Columbia. Maybe the best ride you can take in North America. Water falls, Moose and wolverines are some of the animals that came to my camp sites there.

Mount Rainier: Washington. High climbs and beautiful lower hikes.

The whole West coast has sites along the whole way.

Yellowstone
    Grand Tetons
    Grand Canyon

All of these have been great sites for me.

The Porkies Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    "Sure would be nice to have all this information by state. Hum? "

Deer Slayer, Yes it would. Now how to best store the data in my iphone 5S. In my contacts by state with addresses? In my "notes"?
    Other?

I tend to ride until evening, then using Siri inquire about campsites. Within an hour or two this results in a camp site...most of the time.

If your Great Camp Sites were in my "contacts" I can see myself stopping for tea. (Early afternoon it's time for roadside hot tea and peanuts... "the snack of champions.") and using my map app, planning a route to one of the great campsites.

Thoughts?
    Flip-phone! Lol, however has great photos. Thanks...
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

KOA south in Savannah, Ga. Right on a lake, beautiful campsites and lots of water fowls on the lake.

If you're military or retired you can't beat the campgrounds on military bases. Dirt cheap...$10-15 with full hookups. Camp Blanding, Fl, is a great place to camp, but gets really crowded on the weekends in the summer.

Attachment 10510Attachment 10511Attachment 10512

1)Eminence Mo, $7 for the night Great little town to stop in on my way out west.

2) Cape Lookout Oregon State Park, great view and very bike friendly.

3) Not really a campground but where I camped on the deck of the Ferry from Alaska to Washington-great time everyone in a tent was on a motorcycle. Lots of story telling.

4) I also use KOAs a lot, the one in New Orleans and in San Antonio bring back fond memories. Both have great facilities and are motorcycle friendly.

Pretty much any of the state owned and run campgrounds in South Carolina. We have been to a handful of them and they are all the same - very clean, good facilities, and always deserted. There is a huge variety, all the way from beachfront to mountains in the upstate area. I thoroughly recommend any of them.

Unfortunately I have never camped while on a motorcycle trip, but when I was a youngster back in the mid 50's I always wanted to do a long trip and camp wherever I could find a place along the road. My fantasy was to ride until dark then pull off the road behind a roadside billboard or down a farmer's lane and set up a small camp until dawn & then be off again for more adventures. Well, it never happened and the way the years have flown by and with the changes in the landscape, never will.

good info I appreciate it.

So, as you list your great camping locations I'm now listing most in my phone under "contacts".

Montana
    Eminence
    $7 Camping

and so on.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18