Madstad windshield questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madstad windshield questions

Madstad windshield questions

Does the Madstad windshield come with both pieces of the windshield? The upper attached to the adjustable brackets and the lower that attaches to the bike?

Also has anyone experienced the brackets moving while riding? Are tools required to adjust the windshield?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Yes, it comes with both sections in varied sizes. I've never experienced any movement on its own and once installed you can change the angle with your fingers. The look grows on ya also. I had the adjustable Baggershied after the original then went with the Madstad when it became available. I really like it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

No movement on mine. Quiet and no buffeting, very good WS.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

I put the Madstad on 8k miles ago. No movement or loosening that I have noticed. Really quiet and with the Baker wings puts you in a nice little calm area with no buffeting

Mad stad

How do y'all like the mad stad vs bagger shield

Some don't like the look. I know I was one of them. Then I saw the combination of the black base with a clear top. From a distance, the eyes pick up the dark base which emphasizes the original design of the F6B, low and long. As someone else mentioned, over time you grow accustomed to it. Functionally, I don't think you can do any better than the Madstad .
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have tried 5 windshields on my bike. I like the Madstad with the combo Hornblower refers to. Nothing works as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there really that much of an advantage for less wind noise/turbulence from the Madstad vs. Baggershield Adjustable??..I have only ridden with the stock shield and now the Baggershield and am perfectly happy with the performance of my current set-up...As I do not ride many long distances these days, I see no need to change shields unless those that have had both experienced some "miraculous " change when going to the Madstad....I don't feel any turbulence/wind noise now and see no need to change unless it is really worth it...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Lotsa folks are content with lotsa things up until they try something different.