Another reason NYC is a $hithole

Thread: Another reason NYC is a $hithole

Another reason NYC is a $hithole

It was a beautiful day here in the rotten apple yesterday so I said let me take advantage of the weather and I'll get my bike inspected while I'm at it being it expires at the end of April. I figured ride in 5 minutes, it usually takes, $6 and Is be on my way. I get to the counter and the guy says I have to make an appointment, Hah. I said you mean I need an appointment for "Left blinker, right blinker, horn and brake light." He says yep. What a $hithole
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

And they will have your email or phone #. That's the connection for future use. I couldn't do it.
    2013 F6B 1800B
    Don't be a thermometer, be a thermostat

So, it sounds like another reason to leave NYC. I thought you were going to do that a while ago. No annual inspections in Wisconsin. DMV sends a renewal n the mail. $24 bucks is good for 2 years. No inspections. DMV sticker comes in the mail. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    So, it sounds like another reason to leave NYC. I thought you were going to do that a while ago. No annual inspections in Wisconsin. DMV sends a renewal n the mail. $24 bucks is good for 2 years. No inspections. DMV sticker comes in the mail. Easy.
    I thought so too but for grandchildren and business reasons I'm stuck here for now. My youngest is moving to Ohio but I still have one here with a new grandchild on the way.

Good grief I’d be very frustrated, good luck

Eureka! My 10:00 appointment worked out. Actually, the new guy who does it is a guy I've been dealing with for the last 10 years at that dealership. He told me next time just come and get him and no need for an appointment. Always good to know AFTER the fact. Anyway, the inspection set an all time record, 17 seconds, YES I timed it. It took longer for the sticker to be printed out. The most painful $6 I ever spent.

Took a second look at the new inspection sticker, as of this year NY State puts your VIN number on the sticker itself, which was never done before. When you had more than one bike you could ask the dealer to put the sticker on a chrome plate that you could move from one bike to another, needing only one sticker for multiple bikes. Oh well, there goes that.