speaker up grade and sub - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: speaker up grade and sub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    You want the MM series component speakers, but they are best with a different amplifier. Installing an amplifier on the F6B for optimum performance is not real hard, but does require some soldering and ability to read wiring diagrams. The easier ways are less than ideal and will yield less than ideal results. My system absolutely rocks. There is a thread where I detailed what I did. I could do it again much easier, but that is because I have already done the trial and error thing until I found what really worked.
    and a great thread it is...
    my trunk was a result of that thread..and it rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    You want the MM series component speakers, but they are best with a different amplifier. Installing an amplifier on the F6B for optimum performance is not real hard, but does require some soldering and ability to read wiring diagrams. The easier ways are less than ideal and will yield less than ideal results. My system absolutely rocks. There is a thread where I detailed what I did. I could do it again much easier, but that is because I have already done the trial and error thing until I found what really worked.
    I just found and read your other thread. Very informative. Thank you for sharing.

I have done a few bike and a few car stereos over the years, also have a Weller soldering station. I have never liked using high-level step-down transformers. Would much rather have access to pre-amp outs as you were able to access.

I have a BikeTronics BT4180 (lifetime guarantee) which is 4 x 180wpc in my current bike that I can use in the F6B. BikeTronics has some 7.1" speaker pods that can be bolted onto a tour pack. Would like to have descent 6.5" front speakers, but it may not be possible with the F6B. Also have some Hertz/BikeTronics 5.25" speakers that can go into the build.

Glad to hear the head unit has 4 channels of preamp outs exposed and front-to-back fader functionality.