Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider

Having a thought about this in another thread, I thought it would be fun to see how similar or different we are as a demographic for owning and riding the F6B.

So here's a couple of questions:

How different or similar are you in thinking and lifestyles from the following:

Gold Wing owners/riders
    Harley Davidson owners/riders
    Other brand riders (Yamaha, Suzuki, Indian, Victory)

I'm not asking about why you chose the F6B, but if you personally consider yourself different from other generalized motorcycle owners/groups.

Interesting to think about who we are as riders and owners.
    "If it moves, paint it."

I've always been kind of a loner, ridden mostly by myself. Enjoy the camaraderie of events like Franklin, but prefer to ride alone or with one other rider when trying to make some miles. Never understood the Goldwing clown suits or the Harley pirate outfits. I'm probably the only rider who's destination is ultimately MY garage. I love to see this beautiful land of ours, but I don't dilly dally around. One night anywhere is enough for me, then time to move on.
    I guess that's why I am on this forum a lot, it's my main connection to other riders.

Don't drink-so don't like the HD Ride to a bar scene (will stop for a bar burger if it's supposed to good)
    rather ride then rally
    I think the USA is beautiful, wanna see what I can
    Like a machine that is dependable rather then just a name
    Believer in ATGATT
    Kind of a Loner, will ride where and when I like

I don't really like riding alone; I can't share the moment. I enjoy the company of a few others, but not large groups. As for rides, I like to slow down and enjoy the scenery, or open her up when the road/traffic allows. I'll respond to the oncoming biker wave, but will never initiate unless it's another Goldwing, or I'm out in the middle of lonely nowhere and another single bike is oncoming. I can't stand loud pipes anymore. I won't ride behind other bikes with loud pipes. My lifestyle is to enjoy and never take anything for granted. My motto now is life is short, I practice the golden rule, and try to be a good person. I gravitate towards people who display those same beliefs. i will stop at a roadhouse for a beer or two, or an ice cream at a drive-in. I prefer riding with my wife on the back, but if it's too cold or windy for her, I'll seek out my riding buddies. I do all my own maintenance and am very willing to help/teach others how to do their's. If you're a good person, I'll be happy to ride with you, regardless of what you're riding but if your pipes are too loud, I lead and you follow.

As I get older, 75 in January, riding alone or with a friend is more for me these days...It is nice, when possible, to ride with at least one other biker in case something happens...but, I've pretty fortunate over the years to not have many bike breakdowns..I only ride about 2 or 3 times a week, in warmer weather, anymore and usually not more than 100/150 miles...I like riding alone as I can stop when and where I want, or need, (minor prostate issues) and do not drink so HD bars and biker bars, so to speak, have no interest for me...I have no issues with fast food places for a quick burger/fries and they are usually just about anywhere. It is no longer enjoyable to ride in weather much under 45/50 degrees, so riding weather in Michigan is somewhat limited, but we are not going to move as we are both getting older, have put lots of improvements, money, in our old house and I will ride on those days that I can and enjoy...I am not to old yet to "get on the gas" so to speak, and enjoy an occasional "blow off" of some HD bad boy with loud pipes that thinks his sound makes the bike go faster...But too each his own and I really love the F6B and plan to keep it for a while...Maybe my last bike at this point!!! Regards and ride safe....

I ride by myself or with one or more . As long as I'm riding. I enjoy many different styles, but like to ride. I am a member of the CVMA, and we do have some rides with many riders involved. Our mission is Vets helping Vets. Many of my brothers and sisters ride HDs. Many like to ride ,really ride like I do. Some don't ride so much to bars as much as they do to places to eat.
    I am also involved with lots of good friends from the VRCC. Most of which like to ride and ride hard. Bring on the twisties.

I can pretty much get along with most, but prefer down to earth real people who also enjoy riding.

Me

I tend to ride alone but do enjoy riding with others, in very small groups, that I am know and am comfortable with. I am not opposed to a cold beer from time to time, or to a quick meal when riding. I appreciate almost every motorcycle and it does not matter to me what you ride, as long as it puts a smile on your face.

shooter
    My Dad bought me my first Honda when I was 11. Honda 50 Mini Trail. I like the brand. Like Suzuki's too. I'm not a follower. Never owned a Harley. Never will. I ride my bikes hard. They get only the best when it comes to maintenance. Me. There may be better mechanics , but they don't care like I do. I've ridden a lot by myself over the years. Not much of a drinker. But like above if the burger is good I will stop. I want every ounce of performance I can get out of my bike. If I ride with another F6B owner mine will be cleaner and better maintained. I won't ride a dirty bike unless it just happens on a ride. Just got married to my best friends sister. He is also my best riding buddy. Rides a Ultra Classic. Our riding styles are similar. We push it when we can. I ride more in groups these days. Two of my brother in laws have bikes so we take the wives on rides to distant restaurants. Its fun. I enjoy my new family. They always want me to lead. I'm the oldest and the fastest. They both ride Harleys but they respect the B. Most of my riding is two up . I'm having a good time these days. I'm a really lucky guy. I thank God all the time cause I feel like I have it all. I'm not rich but I have been successful. I enjoy the banter on here with you guys and I even learn something every once in a while. Life is good.

Was never allowed to ride as a kid - mom was scared shitless of "those horrible things."

Permitted my mid life crisis at 35 (getting to 70 was in doubt) and got my '81 GL1100 Standard.

Since I teach the MSF course, I find riding with others a non-stop mental critique game of "if only...." so I generally ride alone.
    I can turn it off for events, but on long hauls, it is distracting.

Large groups? No thanks. I don't need to get inside everyone's head and try to guess what they are doing next.

I have an HD. It is loud. Currently, it is broken (ignition switch). I can play with the HD attitude, and I can play with the F6B attitude - it's all good.

Now, similar to BigBird, "life is too short for sub-standard food, drink, relationships, and motorcycles."
    So I culled them out.

I like reliability. I like on demand speed. I like to play with my toys. I go internally bat-shit when they are broken.
    Example: Yesterday, my MagLite, 6 D cell, didn't work. Battery corroded. (Freaking Energizer!) Spent time over last 24 hours cleaning it up and making it work. Feel MUCH better now.

I'm a just a middle-aged boy with toys and a finer appreciation for them than I had when I was younger.
    Cheers,
    Steve

I come from a sport bike background, but as I get older, I don't feel like riding all day, and I want something more comfortable. So with that in mind, I like to take overnight rides or multi-day rides, so I don't have to worry about riding home the same day, and therefore I need some luggage capacity for my stuff.

Hesitant at first to get a big bike like the F6B, but it serves the purpose well as my priorities change from "It's not the Destination, it's the Journey", to "Aw, fuggit, it's the Destination".
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.