New to the group! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the group!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Me too-- spent 1 1/2 years driving a 45 ton BOMB--believe it or not, I did not have 5,000 miles on a rig when I started. That was 10 years ago and to this day when it is a 40 degree rainy night, I still look over at my wife and say "Its a great night NOT to be hauling gasoline" Weather had a lot to do with the enjoyment of the job. Ice and snow made it stressful. And the night shift hauling into bad neighborhoods.........

Guess I should clarify! I'd like a single up seat...no pillion seat needed! And a chrome or otherwise, luggage rack(if worse comes to worse I can always fabricate one)! Not sure what Id do with the passenger grab rail, and fender...that's not covered by the seat!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Me too-- spent 1 1/2 years driving a 45 ton BOMB--believe it or not, I did not have 5,000 miles on a rig when I started. That was 10 years ago and to this day when it is a 40 degree rainy night, I still look over at my wife and say "Its a great night NOT to be hauling gasoline" Weather had a lot to do with the enjoyment of the job. Ice and snow made it stressful. And the night shift hauling into bad neighborhoods.........
    I'll be twenty years...next month...pulling a gas tanker! Our company is pretty good about not MAKING us run when the weather's crummy!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Tanker yanker? I'm guessing you haul fuel or oil. I've done both and currently haul oil on the west coast. Welcome to the group!
    I've been haulin' gas for almost twenty years here in the Springfield, MO area!

the ole lady thinks I've been hauling gas when I eat a lot of cabbage...

Quote Originally Posted by Tankeryanker View Post
    I'll be twenty years...next month...pulling a gas tanker! Our company is pretty good about not MAKING us run when the weather's crummy!
    We have a winter weather advisory here tonight. Maybe up to 1/4 inch of ice before morning. It is a GREAT NIGHT not to be driving a tanker!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome to the group

Smile

Welcome to the group. It is the best place for advice and help for your F6B. I am glad to finally find someone in the Springfield area that also has a "B" I live in Willard and when the weather gets above freezing maybe we can meet somewhere and talk about the bikes..