Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapered Seat Bolt Set, Honda F6B

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I indicated on my last post to Rick W. that I would not order the "new" bolts until I am convinced they are different/longer than the ones I tried to make work last year...His web-site indicates that these "newer" bolts can be ordered specific for the F6B seat..I would like to use these bolts and will when I am assured that they will work....Regards...I know it is only a few dollars, but money is money!!
    I am not sure what to say. The bolts sold earlier from a different company are for a gold wing, not f6b. Those bolts for the wing are all the same length, more then likely 75 mm or less. One bolt would have worked on each side the other would have been short.

The bolt kits for an f6b are different.
    You can measure your original bolts, which I Did to verify. We have an advantage selling parts and having multiple bikes here to actually check out parts on.
    You will find when measuring that your original bolt lengths are 60 mm and 90 mm in length.
    The replacements as we have listed on the product page are 75 mm and 95 mm in length including the tip which is about 3 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    I am not sure what to say. The bolts sold earlier from a different company are for a gold wing, not f6b. Those bolts for the wing are all the same length, more then likely 75 mm or less. One bolt would have worked on each side the other would have been short.

The bolt kits for an f6b are different.
    You can measure your original bolts, which I Did to verify. We have an advantage selling parts and having multiple bikes here to actually check out parts on.
    You will find when measuring that your original bolt lengths are 60 mm and 90 mm in length.
    The replacements as we have listed on the product page are 75 mm and 95 mm in length including the tip which is about 3 mm.
    Rick, Thanks so much for the reply and you are "right on" my friend..The aftermarket bolts I got last year from another "major" supplier are 60mm and 90mm in length...No wonder they did not work!!...Anyhow I have ordered a new set from you a look forward to replacing the stock ones that I have on the Mustang seat now ...Thanks and Regards.....Opas Ride

I made my seat bolts pointed with a grinder. Better price.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Rick, Thanks so much for the reply and you are "right on" my friend..The aftermarket bolts I got last year from another "major" supplier are 60mm and 90mm in length...No wonder they did not work!!...Anyhow I have ordered a new set from you a look forward to replacing the stock ones that I have on the Mustang seat now ...Thanks and Regards.....Opas Ride
    Sometimes that little bit makes all the difference in the world.
    I have had my seat off and on several times the last week while doing some LED Accent Wiring installations. The Mustang seat comes off and on very easily.
    If taking side panels off with an after market seat installed, adding an extra two minutes to take the seat off makes life a whole lot easier. The side panels come right off with the seat removed. I strongly recommend it.

Attachment 10700

They're not black.

Quote Originally Posted by FJR919 View Post
    They're not black.
    Why does that matter???..As long as they work!!!

Why does that matter???..As long as they work!!!
    good info as always,i put a set on order,now i just have to find a tap!!
    thanks again....the power of the forum!!

Due to a huge demand in these new Tapered Bolts we did run out of our first shipment. We will have more in in about a week or two. Anyone who orders will get them as soon as we get more in stock.
    If you order a seat with the bolts, we can hold off shipping the seat until we get more bolts in.
    Rick

Tell me what we did wrong then at my dealer trying to install the Mustang seat using these bolts purchased last summer..They were too short and would NOT allow seat rails to tighten..After screwing around for about 1/2 hour we used the stock bolts and the seat finally fit reasonably well...Still the rail on the right side sticks out from the seat a little, but I am living with it...Regards...Someone else on this board said that the after market bolts with not work with anything but the stock seat??Appreciate any advise on the best way to make these bolts work..Have they been up-dated since last year as I see your post says that will work on aftermarket seats and specifically the F6B??
    I use the stock bolts with no issues on my Corbin seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I use the stock bolts with no issues on my Corbin seat.
    I am happy for you but I do not like the looks or comfort of the Corbin seat!!....The newer bolts from Rick at Value Accessories has solved any fitment issues with the Mustang seat and I am a happy camper....Thanks and ride safe!!!