Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review

Corbin Dual Touring Saddle - Review

Hello All,
    I have searched and found several of you have this saddle on your F6B. I am considering this for my bike but have not read any real convincing user reports to date. I'm sure it can be customized for height and length. Off the shelf did it move you forward or backwards from stock. Did it raise or lower your seating position from stock. I know some of you said it felt like you are now sitting "in the seat" rather than on top of the seat. As for comfort, many have said that it is a little firmer than most. I understand that is suppose to be a good thing, more support for longer rides. If possible, please post pics of your bike with this saddle.

Thanks in advance for sharing your "real life" experiences with this good looking Corbin Dual Touring saddle.

Ride Safe,

G

Corbin...

I'm putting an Ultimate on mine when they come out. However, the Corbin is a great looking seat, and many folks like it. I've had Ultimate, Corbin, and Mustang on three different bikes, and each was an improvement over stock.

I know it doesn't transfer to your situation directly, but I had a Corbin on a Kawasaki Versys that got me from Houston to Fort Worth and back with comfortable results. When I ordered it, I had them add about 1.5 inches to the height (I'm tall), and it didn't affect the firmness or ride ability IMO. If you decide to go Corbin, I'd bet you'll be happy after breaking it in. The Ultimate seats are about 30 - 60 days from hitting the market right now as of yesterday, according to their staff.

Best wishes!

I installed my Corbin Dual Touring today and so far so good.Did a small ride to see how my altered Torq masters sound and the seat feels good.
    I think it moved me forward a little and lower in the bike.You feel like you are in the bike more then sitting on top of the bike for sure.I need a
    firm to hard seat thats why I always get a Corbin on all my bikes because I always get a sore ass quick with a soft seat.Hope this info helps
    you out.

Mine was delivered with the modular smuggler system. The front seat does wonders for me because it was cut down and tapered so I can get my foot down easier, and the back pad thickened.

Anytime you go "down", it feels like you've gone forward because the distance to your pegs have changed. It feels different, but not uncomfortable for my 6-foot husband, even though it's cut for me.

Not the same seat, but things to ponder.

The touring seat is going to be more contoured than the stocker; that by itself will feel different and relieve pressure on the tailbone.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Corbin makes a great seat. I had one on a BMW too many years ago. However, they are not for everyone. I prefer a soft seat like Mustang or even the OEM Honda seat. Corbin is just too hard and uncomfortable to me. Many love them. PLEASE sit on one, or better yet, ride on one to make sure you are a Corbin type rider.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wish Sargent would make a seat for us. They are firm without straying too far from the factory lines.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I agree Corbin is not for everyone you must like a firm to hard seat but if you ever take off the stock F6B seat and check it out it is made cheap.If you poke your fingers at the foam it fells every soft not much ass support. Its like a foam mat that you would add to your bed not a motorcycle.The stock seat is a plastic seat pan with some cheap foam.Whatever seat company your ass likes is great for you and if you like the looks and feel of the stock seat thats great less money you have to spend on your bike.

fl1madmax

I'm With You Waiting for Ultimate !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda Raider View Post
    I'm putting an Ultimate on mine when they come out. However, the Corbin is a great looking seat, and many folks like it. I've had Ultimate, Corbin, and Mustang on three different bikes, and each was an improvement over stock.

I know it doesn't transfer to your situation directly, but I had a Corbin on a Kawasaki Versys that got me from Houston to Fort Worth and back with comfortable results. When I ordered it, I had them add about 1.5 inches to the height (I'm tall), and it didn't affect the firmness or ride ability IMO. If you decide to go Corbin, I'd bet you'll be happy after breaking it in. The Ultimate seats are about 30 - 60 days from hitting the market right now as of yesterday, according to their staff.

Best wishes!
    I've had 4 Ultimate Seats, and do many 600 mile days, with and without wife, were sold on Ultimate, just a 64 year old rider since I was 11........owned them all but BMW,and I know what I LIKE ! I'll wait for the BEST !

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    I've had 4 Ultimate Seats, and do many 600 mile days, with and without wife, were sold on Ultimate, just a 64 year old rider since I was 11........owned them all but BMW,and I know what I LIKE ! I'll wait for the BEST !

The BEST is what your ass likes

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    The BEST is what your ass likes
    Yep.........
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King