Quote Originally Posted by daleglide View Post
Does anyone have any idea how durable this product is? I mean the bolts go onto the cylinder heads right? I'm putting how many pounds of pressure on them. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks and function ot these pegs, I would like to how much research went into the development this product?
They have been around for at least 6-7 years. The original design was sold to many Goldwing owners by the Inventor until there was a dispute between the Inventor and his first production facility. The pegs went into hibernation for 4 years until last year when RIVCO and the Inventor decided to produce them once again with some minor tweaking.

We know of only ONE incident where someone had the pegs extended on their Goldwing , I don't recall the exact scenario but I believe that the Goldwing was being lifted on a motorcycle lift, the bike FELL over on to its side and cracked the cylinder head, if the bike had rolled forward as it was falling on the peg, the peg would have closed itself.

It connects to the center Honda accent. It is engineered to hold much more weight than what you will put on them under normal riding.