Darkside - Front tire

Thread: Darkside - Front tire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

185-55 R16

Just a note to add.... the Yokohama CT that I currently run on the F6B is 185-55 16R. This specific tire has a stiff sidewall and I project 30k plus hard miles before needing a new skin. The rollout is a bit less than the stock MC tire so the added advantage is a you are a little quicker off the line and it gives me more opportunity to utilize 4th gear. The difference is not huge but it is a welcome advantage for my style of riding. The downside is that you loose a little bit at extreme top end but that is not where I do all my riding. I think I gained about 125 rpm at 70mph and that is just a seat of the pants observation. Maybe somebody else has better RPM data for a tire that is slightly less tall than the OEM MC tire. I always run nitrogen and like 40psi in the rear. I also have the suspension dialed up for more of a stiffer rebound on the rear shock.
    Oh I forgot to add that this is not my first rodeo with the CT on the back. Logged over 60k miles on two different wings. I did have the Hankook on this F6B but replaced it with the Yokohama after 18k miles (picked up a construction spike in a work zone). I definitely like the sidewall stiffness of the Yokohama but as always it is rider preference.
    Ride safe my friends.
    Mike Nedal

It's ON now...

The BT 45 was mounted today and my inital impressions are that this was a good move. In my quick 75 mile run today I did not see twisties, just a variety of speeds from Interstate on down. This is a smooth running tire!

Can't believe I ever debated which direction to mount it, there are some in depth post out there that made me think about actually running it backwards (scientific data no less ). In the end mike neal suggested he was pleased mounting his the correct direction to swipe water. That rang true and I followed suit.

Currently running 41 lbs, 2 oz of Dyna beads with the lead sinker removed. Before mounting the BT 45, during decell I had a slight 40 something mph wobble, it was most noticable with both hands off the bars. It's gone. As soon as I can get in some Spring runs up and down the Blueridge Parkway I'll report back.

Next for consideration is nitrogen for both. Thanks all for your input, I'm pleased with my decision and appreciate your help.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18