Darkside - Front tire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkside - Front tire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Battlax BT-45 mileage update

Battlax BT-45; how many miles on yours?
    Pics would be great. bob109, Drive Jehu, mike neal (any relation to LB Neal?)

Almost time to replace the Elite 3 up front and I am seriously considering the Battlax BT-45.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Battlax BT-45; how many miles on yours?
    Pics would be great. bob109, Drive Jehu, mike neal (any relation to LB Neal?)

Almost time to replace the Elite 3 up front and I am seriously considering the Battlax BT-45.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Make no mistake! The BT-45 is a superior replacement for the OEM Stone and Dunlop Elite 3! The radius of the Ax is more pronounced when mounted to the 6 front rim in comparison to the OEM Stone and 1/4" narrower. A great coroner carving tire IMHO.

With currently just over 12.5K miles on the Ax I'm already in possession of a exact replacement.

Here's a few pics of the Ax and worn out Stone for comparison of the "center groove".

DSC_0006.jpgAttachment 12702

You can expect a bit of high frequency handlebar vibration form the Ax until you get a hundred or so miles on it. Once the center grove edges soften/round over the vibration is gone. No need to be alarmed just letting you know in advance what I experienced.

I mounted the Ax with the direction arrow same as the OEM Stone.

I currently have no pic of the Ax with 12.5K accumulated miles. Did a thread depth measurement and have 7/32" remaining out of the original 9/32" thread depth. If I get a chance I'll get a pic and post it.

Ride Safe

bob109

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Make no mistake! The BT-45 is a superior replacement for the OEM Stone and Dunlop Elite 3! The radius of the Ax is more pronounced when mounted to the 6 front rim in comparison to the OEM Stone and 1/4" narrower. A great coroner carving tire IMHO.

With currently just over 12.5K miles on the Ax I'm already in possession of a exact replacement.

Here's a few pics of the Ax and worn out Stone for comparison of the "center groove".

Attachment 12700Attachment 12702

You can expect a bit of high frequency handlebar vibration form the Ax until you get a hundred or so miles on it. Once the center groove edges soften/round over the vibration is gone. No need to be alarmed just letting you know in advance what I experienced.

I mounted the Ax with the direction arrow same as the OEM Stone.

I currently have no pic of the Ax with 12.5K accumulated miles. Did a thread depth measurement and have 7/32" remaining out of the original 9/32" thread depth. If I get a chance I'll get a pic and post it.

Ride Safe

bob109
    bob109,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

srt8-in-largo,
    Go away.

Jumping into the Darkside with both feet...err tires

I have followed this thread with keen interest and received advice from some local Wingers. As a result I have just ordered a Bridgestone Driveguard CT, a BT45 and 5oz. of Dynabeads through Amazon. I found it hilarious when researching this CT, the BT45 and beads were recommended by other buyers who almost all happened to be "Wingers"!!...
    William A.

"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle"

~Hunter S. Thompson

Ride On Sealant

Jupiterider,

Dyna beads performed well for me. Because my ride plans will hopefully take me to remote locations during the life of these tires (more on ride plans later) I installed Ride On. I only have 150 miles so far but I can say the balance part of the product works as advertised at all speeds.

https://www.amazon.com/Ride-Tire-Bal...ant+motorcycle

For those who might use this, the Company claims this recipe is for "motorcycles only" and they sell another product for truck tires... I read this after the 3, 8 oz bottles were in hand. Install can be a bit messy. Dumping it between the sidewall and wheel during tire installation was the cleanest method. 10oz in the front tire, the remainder in the back and the ride is smooth.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Oz in front

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Jupiterider,

Dyna beads performed well for me. Because my ride plans will hopefully take me to remote locations during the life of these tires (more on ride plans later) I installed Ride On. I only have 150 miles so far but I can say the balance part of the product works as advertised at all speeds.

https://www.amazon.com/Ride-Tire-Bal...ant+motorcycle

For those who might use this, the Company claims this recipe is for "motorcycles only" and they sell another product for truck tires... I read this after the 3, 8 oz bottles were in hand. Install can be a bit messy. Dumping it between the sidewall and wheel during tire installation was the cleanest method. 10oz in the front tire, the remainder in the back and the ride is smooth.
    You have 10oz of dyna beads in the front alone? Thanks. I run 3 in my Vmax 180 front dark side. I thought that was recommended by dyna beads?

Ride On

Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
    You have 10oz of dyna beads in the front alone? Thanks. I run 3 in my Vmax 180 front dark side. I thought that was recommended by dyna beads?
    The link in my post should take you to a different product - I changed from Dyna Beads to Ride On. It's a tire sealant in case of a puncture (in a limited area of the bottom of tire only) and it also balances the tire.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Really?
    You two assholes are why I don't post as often as I'd like.
    Thanks for spreading your douchebaggery, once again, to another thread.
    Don't get upset with the rude, classless, clueless and obnoxious behavior of Nay Sayers. They enter into a thread about Dark Siding by Dark Siders for Dark Siders and engage the "Mandible" before engaging the contents of the "Orb" which resides on their shoulders. They have not a single personal experience with the Dark Side yet profess to be "Sideline Experts"/"Monday Night Quarterbacks" because of everything they have read and quote as "gospel". What they need is their own "Podium" to openly discuss their dislikes but unfortunately they like to interject their negative comments to

Documenting every element of your "Dark Side Experience" and sharing it with pics is "priceless" IMHO! It really separates "the men from the boys" and demonstrates ones desire to deviate from the "norm" and do it with "class"

Ride Safe

bob109

Have no idea how many Battle Ax tyres I have put on bikes????
    But theirs none better
    But I'm guessing at maybe 40/50????

But maybe I have just wasted my money and put car tyres on
    And
    And and and and and and and and ????????
    Car Tyres on Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Have no idea how many Battle Ax tyres I have put on bikes????
    But theirs none better
    But I'm guessing at maybe 40/50????

But maybe I have just wasted my money and put car tyres on
    And
    And and and and and and and and ????????
    Car Tyres on Bikes
    Thank you for sharing that with all of us. A perfect example of classless input on a Dark Side Thread