Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
I mounted a Battlax BT45 at 16.5K miles and currently have 10+K miles on the tire. In retrospect I made the right choice for my 6. The tire show barely any signs of wear. Mounted the tire in the same direction as the OEM Stone and run it at 41psi. I encountered a low speed vibration when the tire was first installed and it abated after 300 miles. I attributed the vibration to the wide staggering of the centerline sipe/grove. Once the sharp edges of the sipes softened from initial wear the vib was gone.

I'm really pleased with the performance of the Ax! It has a higher cross section radius than the OEM Stone and carves the corners better

Here's my original post on the topic!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ront-Tire-Time

Regarding balancing, I use the "old school method" of static with zinc weights for my cycle tires. Just had my motorhome tires treated with RideOn. It's a combination sealer/balancer. Worked great on my 1160 mile trek for Pa. to Fl. this past fall! I may use it in the future on my bike tires.
bob109, Just the feedback I was looking for. Your high frequency vibration that went away after break in was new to me. I did read about a GW 1800 rider that cured his low speed head shake after putting a rear tire up front. Mine has a slight 40 to 45 mph head shake. Maybe any new front tire, dark side or not helps this? Mine is not too worrisome, it's a mostly noticeable on deceleration. Thanks for documenting your Ax experience.