Darkside - Front tire

Thread: Darkside - Front tire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    I'm declaring the BT-45 a winner - I had my third one mounted today with 68K on the clock. I appreciate the recommendation - this is a great forum!
    Tire report: I rolled 95k today and still have the same tire mounted. It has performed extremely well from off road to gravel road to twisties. The tire has seen 90 mph runs in summer heat across parts of the West. I keep my pressure at 41 to 42. Like every front tire I have had on this bike, including the stock tire, this one is cupped. Not cupped bad enough to replace but a little wiggle through the bars is becoming noticable on decel around 40 mph. All other times the tire is still gives a smooth ride. The thread is starting to get a little thin for my liking, there is some checking showing in the tire grooves, and I found a puncture mark in the middle of the tire today. Time for a new tire. It will be another BT-45.

I have a picture that is not loading and the search does not seem to be working. If you have directions on how to post a pic with an iPad or iPhone I would appreciate knowing how to do this.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

I will be ordering a BT45 for the front of my GL the first of next week. The last trip to NC took the best off the Stone!.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com