Darkside - Front tire - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Darkside - Front tire

Post a video

Is it possible for someone that has and likes CT tires on his/her bike post a video of riding it, maybe doing figure 8's in the parking lot somewhere? I would really like to see what the handling looks like. I have never seen someone riding a bike with them (or maybe didn't notice it). I would think that a video is worth a million words! Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Is it possible for someone that has and likes CT tires on his/her bike post a video of riding it, maybe doing figure 8's in the parking lot somewhere? I would really like to see what the handling looks like. I have never seen someone riding a bike with them (or maybe didn't notice it). I would think that a video is worth a million words! Thanks.
    There were one or two videos already posted by some forum members. Do a search!

Do a Google search of Dark Side Videos and you'll find several

Here's one of several!
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...z&hsimp=yhs-vz

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Make no mistake! The BT-45 is a superior replacement for the OEM Stone and Dunlop Elite 3! The radius of the Ax is more pronounced when mounted to the 6 front rim in comparison to the OEM Stone and 1/4" narrower. A great coroner carving tire IMHO.

With currently just over 12.5K miles on the Ax I'm already in possession of a exact replacement.

Here's a few pics of the Ax and worn out Stone for comparison of the "center groove".

Attachment 12700Attachment 12702

You can expect a bit of high frequency handlebar vibration form the Ax until you get a hundred or so miles on it. Once the center groove edges soften/round over the vibration is gone. No need to be alarmed just letting you know in advance what I experienced.

I mounted the Ax with the direction arrow same as the OEM Stone.

I currently have no pic of the Ax with 12.5K accumulated miles. Did a thread depth measurement and have 7/32" remaining out of the original 9/32" thread depth. If I get a chance I'll get a pic and post it.

Ride Safe

bob109
    bob109,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

srt8-in-largo,
    Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Really?
    You two assholes are why I don't post as often as I'd like.
    Thanks for spreading your douchebaggery, once again, to another thread.
    Don't get upset with the rude, classless, clueless and obnoxious behavior of Nay Sayers. They enter into a thread about Dark Siding by Dark Siders for Dark Siders and engage the "Mandible" before engaging the contents of the "Orb" which resides on their shoulders. They have not a single personal experience with the Dark Side yet profess to be "Sideline Experts"/"Monday Night Quarterbacks" because of everything they have read and quote as "gospel". What they need is their own "Podium" to openly discuss their dislikes but unfortunately they like to interject their negative comments to

Documenting every element of your "Dark Side Experience" and sharing it with pics is "priceless" IMHO! It really separates "the men from the boys" and demonstrates ones desire to deviate from the "norm" and do it with "class"

Ride Safe

bob109

Have no idea how many Battle Ax tyres I have put on bikes????
    But theirs none better
    But I'm guessing at maybe 40/50????

But maybe I have just wasted my money and put car tyres on
    And
    And and and and and and and and ????????
    Car Tyres on Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Have no idea how many Battle Ax tyres I have put on bikes????
    But theirs none better
    But I'm guessing at maybe 40/50????

But maybe I have just wasted my money and put car tyres on
    And
    And and and and and and and and ????????
    Car Tyres on Bikes
    Thank you for sharing that with all of us. A perfect example of classless input on a Dark Side Thread

WARNING ON NEGATIVE POSTS

This is Steven, the Moderator, any future posts that are negative on this thread will result in an infraction on the board. Beware, You have been warned...proceed gently!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

BT-45 Pics

As promised, I'm posting several photos to the Ax which has just over 12.5K miles wear. A close inspection reveals the fine line of different rubber compounds which make up the thread/tread face. Approximately 2-5/8" of the center is hard compound and the sides have softer compound. Ran my finger tip laterally across the thread face and I can actually feel the edges of the different compounds.

Wish I could enlarge the photos for better clarity! Maybe one of our Moderators can perform that trick

Attachment 12762Attachment 12763Attachment 12764

Darkside front tire

When my stone wears out,I will try a Pirelli sport demon. 130 70 18 rear tire.

Here ya go......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com