Darkside - Front tire - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Darkside - Front tire

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    IMHO...you will be hard pressed to get someone to mount a rear mcy tire on the front of a mcy...just sayin......
    No problem in my area, you can go to any of the MC shops, dealer or Mom & Pop shops with a correct diameter CT to MC rear or rear MC tire to front rim and have the tire mounted as long as you have $ or

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

My 3rd BT-45

I'm declaring the BT-45 a winner - I had my third one mounted today with 68K on the clock. I appreciate the recommendation - this is a great forum!
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Jumping into the Darkside with both feet...err tires

I have followed this thread with keen interest and received advice from some local Wingers. As a result I have just ordered a Bridgestone Driveguard CT, a BT45 and 5oz. of Dynabeads through Amazon. I found it hilarious when researching this CT, the BT45 and beads were recommended by other buyers who almost all happened to be "Wingers"!!...
    William A.

"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle"

~Hunter S. Thompson

Ride On Sealant

Jupiterider,

Dyna beads performed well for me. Because my ride plans will hopefully take me to remote locations during the life of these tires (more on ride plans later) I installed Ride On. I only have 150 miles so far but I can say the balance part of the product works as advertised at all speeds.

https://www.amazon.com/Ride-Tire-Bal...ant+motorcycle

For those who might use this, the Company claims this recipe is for "motorcycles only" and they sell another product for truck tires... I read this after the 3, 8 oz bottles were in hand. Install can be a bit messy. Dumping it between the sidewall and wheel during tire installation was the cleanest method. 10oz in the front tire, the remainder in the back and the ride is smooth.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

Oz in front

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Jupiterider,

Dyna beads performed well for me. Because my ride plans will hopefully take me to remote locations during the life of these tires (more on ride plans later) I installed Ride On. I only have 150 miles so far but I can say the balance part of the product works as advertised at all speeds.

https://www.amazon.com/Ride-Tire-Bal...ant+motorcycle

For those who might use this, the Company claims this recipe is for "motorcycles only" and they sell another product for truck tires... I read this after the 3, 8 oz bottles were in hand. Install can be a bit messy. Dumping it between the sidewall and wheel during tire installation was the cleanest method. 10oz in the front tire, the remainder in the back and the ride is smooth.
    You have 10oz of dyna beads in the front alone? Thanks. I run 3 in my Vmax 180 front dark side. I thought that was recommended by dyna beads?

Ride On

Quote Originally Posted by jeffedose View Post
    You have 10oz of dyna beads in the front alone? Thanks. I run 3 in my Vmax 180 front dark side. I thought that was recommended by dyna beads?
    The link in my post should take you to a different product - I changed from Dyna Beads to Ride On. It's a tire sealant in case of a puncture (in a limited area of the bottom of tire only) and it also balances the tire.

BT45R 130/70-18

19,500 miles and I'm getting ready for a new front tire. It will be... a rear tire. It looks like 2 popular choices for the GW 1800 are:
    BT 45 Battle Ax 130/70H-18. Some claim it to be "smooth and quiet".
    Michelin Pilot Activ 130/70-18. Comments include "noisy but last a long time".

I would appreciate your suggestions/comments on the selection of a darkside front tire.

Now for the mounting direction of the tire. I have read the dissertations on why to mount it in reverse. What I'm most interested in is your experience and why you prefer to run your darkside front in reverse rotation or not.

Dana beads work great on my run flat rear tire. I have just discovered this ride on tire balancer/sealant:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ride-On-Tire-B...n+tire+sealant

Any comments/suggestions about this product - darkside or not? I'm thinking of using it on the front.

How do you like the Bridgestone Potenza run flat?
    Is this the tire you have? Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT

Steve

Bridgestone

stevennolts, My apologies for not checking this sooner. I have the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT. I'm on my second one now and like it. I got mine at Tire Rack and it was $175.34 delivered.

BT45R 130/70-18

I'm declaring the BT-45 a winner - I had my third one mounted today with 68K on the clock. I appreciate the recommendation - this is a great forum!
    Tire report: I rolled 95k today and still have the same tire mounted. It has performed extremely well from off road to gravel road to twisties. The tire has seen 90 mph runs in summer heat across parts of the West. I keep my pressure at 41 to 42. Like every front tire I have had on this bike, including the stock tire, this one is cupped. Not cupped bad enough to replace but a little wiggle through the bars is becoming noticable on decel around 40 mph. All other times the tire is still gives a smooth ride. The thread is starting to get a little thin for my liking, there is some checking showing in the tire grooves, and I found a puncture mark in the middle of the tire today. Time for a new tire. It will be another BT-45.

I have a picture that is not loading and the search does not seem to be working. If you have directions on how to post a pic with an iPad or iPhone I would appreciate knowing how to do this.

BT45R 130/70-18

I will be ordering a BT45 for the front of my GL the first of next week. The last trip to NC took the best off the Stone!.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com