2015 DAYTONA Gathering - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2015 DAYTONA Gathering

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    As you see, my riding buddy, Deerslayer, probably won't make the Daytona trip this year and definitely not the extended ride on down to Key West. My plans are in question as well so better take me off the Key West plans too. We'll know more about what we can do closer to the event.
    You have to ride down Ken!!! Bill and I are heading down from Va on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by cwjj2001 View Post
    You have to ride down Ken!!! Bill and I are heading down from Va on Tuesday.
    Thanks, Calvin! It's still a possibility. Glad to see that the "dynamic duo" from Virginia is making the trip. No guard rails this time, OK
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Thanks, Calvin! It's still a possibility. Glad to see that the "dynamic duo" from Virginia is making the trip. No guard rails this time, OK

Hey Steve should we start booking the Hotel for Thursday and Friday night or should we still wait?

Lets wait one more week? I'll make A call.. still need to firm up who's going !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm interested in Key West trip.

I plan on riding from Aiken SC on Tuesday, March 10. I'm going back on Sunday, March 15. Anybody want to join?

Bill and I have our hotels set in Daytona for the 10th, 11th and the return night 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I'm interested in Key West trip.

I plan on riding from Aiken SC on Tuesday, March 10. I'm going back on Sunday, March 15. Anybody want to join?
    Keep watching this post......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

So far we will meet in Daytona and ride S on 95...

West on 76 ( SW Kanner Hwy

S on 441

S 80 Belle Glade

S 27 South Bay

997 by pass to the Keys !!!

I have never been on the Sound side of the Keys..someone mentioned a bar/restaurant there...would be nice..( someone volunteer for this part)

Friday, after a "free" breakfast head south to Key West ......( someone volunteer to pick out lunch)

Friday nite pool party!!!!! (someone pick out our dinner spot)

Saturday am..more "free" breakfast...clean up and head north...hang out in Daytona...meet the other group at BJ's W of the Track on 92 at 1900 for dinner!!!

Anyone have any thoughts or would like to change anything here ???

I will make final arrangement at the HI this weekend and post a number to call for reservations !!! Lets ALL plan this so everyone has a say and gets to do something they may have never done !!! This will be fun and we will take pics to make the snow bound folks feel involved !!!

I have never been on the Sound side of the Keys..someone mentioned a bar/restaurant there...would be nice..( someone volunteer for this part)

In Homestead turn left off US 1 onto Card Sound Road. Several miles down the road you'll come to a toll bridge. Don't cross the bridge, on your right you'll see Alabama Jack's. The place is an institution. Check out their website.

When you leave turn right and eventually you'll run into US 1 again.

In Key West try The Half Shell Raw Bar on Caroline St. Best conch chowder and key lime pie.