Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

The NEW 2014 Valkyrie is not in the same class as a Rune in my opinion.

I concur.

The price of a used Rune will vary depending on several factors such as time of year, state, and level of need of the current owner. But they are certainly not appreciating in value since sold new. There exists a very limited market for Rune, only a real Honda enthusiast will want one, but only at a great deal.

RUNE

Beside all , do not forget RUNE was presented and sold as a LIMITED EDITION . So far , many were crashed , some got stolen and few will be neglected . Remaining one ( especially in future ) will create bigger interest , growing demand and it place them in category of WANTED . That's , what happened in auto-moto market in history already.

None of the dealers around here have sold one. I do see discounts in the future. I took a few rides last summer on the Valk and liked the bike quite a bit except for the lack of windshield. As far as the Rune, that is one nice looking ride. The dealer I bought my F6B from has one on his floor for $34000.00. Been there since new.
    2013 F6B in black of course

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I beg to differ .....
    The last few Runes sold on E-Bay since November 2014 were sold between $16,500 - $18,500

I personally sold one for $17,250

The Runes were built in 2003 and 2004 ..... Honda unloaded their warehouse in 2008 and a "0" mile Rune in the crate could be purchased for $16,000

Today USED Runes are somewhat holding their value, the last time that I purchased a Rune for $11,000 was in 2010 when the economy was still in the tank and owners were trying to get out of loans taken out in 2008.

The NEW 2014 Valkyrie is not in the same class as a Rune in my opinion.

I agree. That Rune is some kinda special. Especially with a few custom touches.

The Valk in blue is a sweet looking ride.

Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel?

Sure... If an Edsel could do an 11.65 1/4 mile.

I was just out shopping the other day . Since were off topic it was a Honda , Yamaha , Triumph ... They had a few $11,700 was the number but there are so many dealers sitting on them they will go lower .
    I was looking for a adventure bike and that was not it ... LOL No one wants a heavy sport bike with no aero dynamics , It has more fashion over function .
    I would say just about any bike over 700cc should run 11's

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I would say just about any bike over 700cc should run 11's
    Then you'd be wrong, not many "heavy cruisers" (what the valkryie is) will, and those that will are considerably over 700cc.

Two come immediately to mind- the Rocket 3 and the vrod- both around $16000.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Could the Valkyrie Be a Edsel?

Sure... If an Edsel could do an 11.65 1/4 mile.
    According to the April issue of Motorcyclist mag., in a road test of the Valk, Vmax, Ducati, the Valk runs the quarter in 12.50 seconds at 107.7 mph...I thought it ran faster in other data I had seen...I think the F6B will do that in the 1/4 mile??

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    According to the April issue of Motorcyclist mag., in a road test of the Valk, Vmax, Ducati, the Valk runs the quarter in 12.50 seconds at 107.7 mph...I thought it ran faster in other data I had seen...I think the F6B will do that in the 1/4 mile??
    The F6B will run the 1/4 mile in 11.84 seconds and does 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Here is the link to the test:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22...mparison-test/

It is reasonable to think the 90+ lbs LIGHTER valk would be faster. Per a valk site I perused - 11.65 to be exact. Seems reasonable.