looking to lite up the back end

Thread: looking to lite up the back end

looking to lite up the back end

Looking to add a little more lite to the back end....Anyone ever use these Kury 7356 and Kury 3236...?I like the fact there plug and play....thoughts..?

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Looking to add a little more lite to the back end....Anyone ever use these Kury 7356 and Kury 3236...?I like the fact there plug and play....thoughts..?
    I have the Kuryakyn 3236 LED along with a pair of Hyper Lites. They really get noticed when I'm on the Brakes..

I recently installed a pair of P3 lights from Skene Design (http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/P3_Features.shtml). I had previously installed the passenger back rest riser available from forum member Steve 0080 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111460674686...84.m1555.l2649)., and I installed the P3 lights on that riser.

The P3 lights function as running, brake, and turn signals (optional). They are very bright and I think improve the visibility quite a bit. (of course, the very wide red butt on the fast red model is already pretty visible, but every little bit helps).

The lights have a flicker by design in all modes. The flicker is a specific frequency such that it is very apparent out of your peripheral vision, but is not apparent when looking straight at the lights (hopefully this will get the attention of drivers not already looking at me, but not annoy them when they are stopped behind me at the lights). They also have a flashing pattern when the brakes are applied. There are several options available, but the default is four fast flashes, flour slow flashes, then solid. This flashing really gets the attention of those following.

The install was easy EXCEPT I chose to remove the seat to allow me to run the wires from the backrest a little easier. I wish I hadn't done that. As has been well documented, it was tough to get the seat reinstalled correctly, even though I already had the special "improved" seat bolts from Wingstuff. I will avoid pulling the seat in the future unless it's really necessary. The rest of the install was a breeze, all wires and connections are included in the package from Skene (uses Positaps).

I have attached a few photos for comparison - all photos were taken with the same settings on my iPhone so they can be compared side by side for brightness.

Skene P3 lights on the backrest riser
    IMG_0461.jpg

For comparison, the standard running lights
    IMG_0457.jpg

P3 lights as running lights
    IMG_0458.jpg

Standard brake lights
    IMG_0459.jpg

P3 lights as brake lights
    IMG_0460.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tmac99 View Post
    I recently installed a pair of P3 lights from Skene Design (http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/P3_Features.shtml). I had previously installed the passenger back rest riser available from forum member Steve 0080 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111460674686...84.m1555.l2649)., and I installed the P3 lights on that riser.

The P3 lights function as running, brake, and turn signals (optional). They are very bright and I think improve the visibility quite a bit. (of course, the very wide red butt on the fast red model is already pretty visible, but every little bit helps).

The lights have a flicker by design in all modes. The flicker is a specific frequency such that it is very apparent out of your peripheral vision, but is not apparent when looking straight at the lights (hopefully this will get the attention of drivers not already looking at me, but not annoy them when they are stopped behind me at the lights). They also have a flashing pattern when the brakes are applied. There are several options available, but the default is four fast flashes, flour slow flashes, then solid. This flashing really gets the attention of those following.

The install was easy EXCEPT I chose to remove the seat to allow me to run the wires from the backrest a little easier. I wish I hadn't done that. As has been well documented, it was tough to get the seat reinstalled correctly, even though I already had the special "improved" seat bolts from Wingstuff. I will avoid pulling the seat in the future unless it's really necessary. The rest of the install was a breeze, all wires and connections are included in the package from Skene (uses Positaps).

I have attached a few photos for comparison - all photos were taken with the same settings on my iPhone so they can be compared side by side for brightness.

Skene P3 lights on the backrest riser
    Attachment 10587

For comparison, the standard running lights
    Attachment 10588

P3 lights as running lights
    Attachment 10589

Standard brake lights
    Attachment 10590

P3 lights as brake lights
    Attachment 10591
    Try the up-dated longer seat bolts from Value Accessories they will solve your problems... The ones sold from "Wingstuff are too short and will not work!!!...I and my dealer tech tried them for over 1/2 hour and gave up finally using the stockers until I got the newer ones from RickW

I would like to mount those under a luggage, to get more distance between them. Also would work better as turn signals too. IMO

First timers removing the seat need to apply "never seize" to your seat bolts. You will never have an issue re installing again. Mine are a breeze.

OPAS RIDE...those lights are very nice !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

So tried (yea, tried) to get the vertical kurykan lights installed today. Rigged up harness, then attached "Y" connector. Both lights work as running lights, however only the left works as a brake light. Tried different plugs with lights. Always the same left work as brake light not left
    Defect or not?
    T