Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
Jimmytee , how's your PAC controls been working? Mine have been working great sitting in garage - all the time when 1st using. I have ran into issues with the volume down after riding the bike for about a half hour or after using volume down several times it quits working. Volume up and track/station up and also down always work with no issues. Was thinking maybe a connection issue at 1st, but my thinking changed when it started working o.k. on the next ride- day untill I rode for 20-30 mins again it quit working - volume down.
Not had any issues with my volume buttons. I've had an issue with my track up button though. My track up button wants to instead raise the volume.
It worked perfectly when I installed and tested it, but after I shrank wrapped everything and had it all tucked away, it started acting as you described only with the symptoms I described. I figure it is one , an issue with the PAC unit or two, there needs to be a larger resistance difference between the track up and volume up functions. At some point I'll dig back into it, but after all the stuff I did to my bike with suspension upgrades, saddlebag openers and so on, I was done. It will wait, and until then I just settle for reaching down to the controller to change tracks.
However, if it were my volume, I'd be more inclined to dig back into it. I've not had an issue with the volume functions. That's probably the most important one. Did you test out your functions with the bike running ? I know the higher voltages from the alternator output can have an effect on the funcions.