My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    I did get the PMX 8BB , looks like I'm going to do the same and put it in the stock box where the stock audio unit was. Haven't got the PAC yet, but will be adding it soon. I would definately need the know what 4 wires to tap into. I'm running a few days behind here with other household projects, and hope to jump back on this - this week. Thanks Again for your help.
    No problem. will have to upload pictures to photobucket to put them on here though. Just let me know when you get to that point.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Got the dremmel out tonight and sat the 8BB inside the stock audio housing box. Wishing the unit did not have all those extra zone out connections LOL, little on the bulky side. I know you mentioned tucking all the unused connectors back into the box, did you put the lid back on? or did you leave it off?. You also had put the PAC inside the box? I did a temporary hook up to test things out and liking so far.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Got the dremmel out tonight and sat the 8BB inside the stock audio housing box. Wishing the unit did not have all those extra zone out connections LOL, little on the bulky side. I know you mentioned tucking all the unused connectors back into the box, did you put the lid back on? or did you leave it off?. You also had put the PAC inside the box? I did a temporary hook up to test things out and liking so far.
    I'm using three of the 4 zone outputs. Zone 1 for the front, zone2 for the rear speakers I have, and the sub pre outs from zone1 . I have zone 3 feeding a jack up in my left fairing pocket to feed a Sens Bluetooth transmitter if I just want to hear music in my helmet. I am not using zone 4 or the two auxilary inputs. or the white USB charging jack
    I have the Sirius XM plugged up to my SiriusXM tuner.
    I have the PAC unit plugged into the Steering WHeel input jack
    I have my powered antenna plugged into the antenna.
    I have the cable that connects to a USB jack in my left fairing pocket plugged up to the USB input.

The PAC unit, Zone 4 pre out, the white USB charging jack and the two aux inputs are in the box and I have the cover back on the box. There really is plenty of room.

Got a chance to get back to working on it, did a rough hook up to test things out. I'm so glad I went with the 8BB, and so glad that I could not the PMX2 to fit. Big differnces with how the bluetooth works with my iPhone, it shows album art with everything I throw at it, internal I phone music, google play, pandora - etc, where the PMX2 did not unless it was hooked up via USB. Also Bluetooth connects quickly, works better than my truck with a Pioneer head unit.
    Very Pleased so far and getting great sound from that unit, still at flat setting and amp set to full range. I don't have my sub yet and haven't played with any settings yet.

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Got a chance to get back to working on it, did a rough hook up to test things out. I'm so glad I went with the 8BB, and so glad that I could not the PMX2 to fit. Big differnces with how the bluetooth works with my iPhone, it shows album art with everything I throw at it, internal I phone music, google play, pandora - etc, where the PMX2 did not unless it was hooked up via USB. Also Bluetooth connects quickly, works better than my truck with a Pioneer head unit.
    Very Pleased so far and getting great sound from that unit, still at flat setting and amp set to full range. I don't have my sub yet and haven't played with any settings yet.
    I didn't have the PMX-2 for a comparison, but I am pretty pleased with the 8BB.

Alright you two - we'll have a stereo war on Saturday.

Musicians & sound engineers will judge.

Steve

Still crossing those swords I see.......

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Still crossing those swords I see.......
    I hope there are others that surprise us with some innovative upgrades. There is a shop in AZ that has promised to begin offering some F6B specific audio upgrades. Unfortunately, their schedule was already too full up with tings like Sturgis to have product ready for our Rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I hope there are others that surprise us with some innovative upgrades. There is a shop in AZ that has promised to begin offering some F6B specific audio upgrades. Unfortunately, their schedule was already too full up with tings like Sturgis to have product ready for our Rally.
    Standing by to see what comes down the Pike
    I hate cutting up factory wiring.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    No problem. will have to upload pictures to photobucket to put them on here though. Just let me know when you get to that point.
    When you get a chance , can I get what 4 wires I need to tap into for the PAC, and did you also hook up the mute function? Wanted to at least get that sorted out before taping- securing that bulky wiring harness. I don't have a workshop manual, awhile back dealer did not have and said would take awhile to get one- I haven't tryed lately. Thanks again.

I just might actually get this thing done soon, funny how work and family functions get in the way getting her done LOL.