Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
Not a big deal, just the cool -wow factor of the album art, I just happen to have a extra iPhone anyways and 30 plus gig is enough for my music. I just gonna leave plugged in and forget about it- the pmx 2 powers it up and charges it. I will post all my details on what I have done later, I did try to incorporate the factory head unit, with a unit to clean up the summing, rolloffs -etc for a flat signal, and I guess I'm too picky like you- but I was still getting what I consider unacceptable floor noise which is built into the head unit. I mean getting noise at lower volumes even and at 0, and when the calibration kicked in even increased it. You will be happy with the Rockford Fosgate Unit, no noises at 0 at all and very clean signal. I have been fabricating a plate to house the pmx 1r and the fog light and hazard (2015) buttons, has been an adventure so far working around issues for space, and radiator -etc.
I've really been pretty happy with the Clarion unit. The Rockford PMX-8BB adds a couple more features and then there is the better display. better display. I really kind of toiled over whether to spend the money because the Clarion works pretty well, but the Rockford was what I really wanted in the first place, but they kept delaying the availability ,with no clear availability date at the time. Yesterday the 8BB arrived and today the PMX-1R remote with an extension cable arrived.
Just as I was typing , the UPS guy brought me another package...lol I've got a number of things going on/planned for my F6B. Started to dig into the forks last weekend, upgrading the front suspension, when I realized I should have new fork seals and bushings if I'm taking the forks apart. Don't know why I hadn't thought of that before then. Installing All Balls Head Bearings and Progressive monotube cartridges.