My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    That's what I had pictured in my mind, as far as the factory harness that went into the box. Did you just leave under the seat secured and some kind of cap or cover on the ends, I know you said you had tapped into it for the steering wheel adapter.
    Yes the harness and plugs that previously went into that box are bundled up and sit in front of that box. I just used good electrical tape to cover the plugs. Really, the OEM stuff will never be back on this bike, but just for good measure, the plugs are wrapped in the electrical tape to protect and to help bundle them up.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Yes the harness and plugs that previously went into that box are bundled up and sit in front of that box. I just used good electrical tape to cover the plugs. Really, the OEM stuff will never be back on this bike, but just for good measure, the plugs are wrapped in the electrical tape to protect and to help bundle them up.
    Ok and thanks, looks like you cut out a bigger hole the left (on picture) - but right side box as reference to the bike. Is that needed for wires to come out? Or was that a matter of preference?. Won't have 8bb till tomorrow
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    Ok and thanks, looks like you cut out a bigger hole the left (on picture) - but right side box as reference to the bike. Is that needed for wires to come out? Or was that a matter of preference?. Won't have 8bb till tomorrow
    Yes the hole on the right is just a round one as it was and not big enough to fit the connectors through. I just used a dremmel wit a cutting wheel and squared out the hole. Easy Peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Yes the hole on the right is just a round one as it was and not big enough to fit the connectors through. I just used a dremmel wit a cutting wheel and squared out the hole. Easy Peasy.
    Correction, the hole on the left as you stated.