Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
All of it above requires time , dedication , determination , some knowledge and additional investment . It's fine , if brings satisfaction , or even pride to it . Apparently that's the result of personal choice , but due to complicated process might not see to many , who wants to copy such a idea ( or maybe so ? ).

For close interaction with sound , long time ago I decided to empower my helmets with much easier to install headphones , which gives me few other options , like switching radio to the phone , or initiate connection to passenger behind me . It allowes me to feel "private", without annoying bystanders , adjust the volume to ever changing surroundings or traffic disturbance .

At present and to each of my helmets , I installed quality brand Sena SMH5 system , simple device able to connect me with : radio , mobil phone , GPS Navigation , MP3 player , iPod , USB Flash Drive and intercom . It doesn't take any space in my saddlebags , no needs to bastardize integrity of motorcycle and first of all - it provides not deformed on the way , crispy and premium sound .

In final courtesy to many , I can avoid rude comments of those who do not speak other ( than English ) languages , those who do not understand sophisticated lyrics in the music , or even hate up-heard tunes. That's my understanding of "respect", which we always expect from others.
Uh, OK
To each their own
Everyone has their opinion.
I have helmet speakers/ intercom bluetooth . My wife and I both have G9 headsets. Headset/helmet speakers do not not sound near as good. Maybe a good set of ear buds. I mean a good set will sound pretty nice, but I hate having that wire hooking me up. But even a good set of ear buds will not give the aural sensations that accompany the sound waves from kick drums and snare hits on a good system.
The space in the bags. Well, that might be a real concern for some. It's in only one bag. Unless I am traveling somewhere for a couple days or more, I've got plenty of storage. That's why I went with the micro sub that is removed as quickly as it takes me to open the saddlebag.
As far as bystanders, I have a volume control. And these bikes do have an auto volume control.
As far as bastardizing? That was your word right? I sure hope you have not added or changed anything on your bike.
Was it necessary to do any of the above? No It could be argued very well that these bikes are not necessary. Everything on this forum is superfluous.
With all respect, everyone has their own opinion, but yours comes across a little condescending. The post was shared because I have answered many PMs and have also been in correspondence through e-mails regarding interests. This post endeavored to chronicle some of the paths I went through in accomplishing the goal. Is it for everyone? I'm sure it is not.