My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    So you built your enclosure for the sub? Pics??
    i sent it to your gmail
    amp and parts on order,i decided to use a charge cord for the sub pigtail amp to the bag
    pictures to follow as i fine tune the trunk

What kind of sub is that? It looks like a Lanzer. I thought you had bought a J.L. Audio sub.
    This driver here is a bargain and has gained a great reputation if anyone is interested. http://https://www.parts-express.com...eaker--264-919
    Are you going to build an enclosure for it or just mount it in the trunk? You may want to cut out a baffle that fits into the bottom of that trunk to secure the woofer to. I don't know how stiff the bottom of that trunk is, but you definitely want the bottom where the speaker will be mounted to be stiff. Flex will rob your driver of output.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    What kind of sub is that? It looks like a Lanzer. I thought you had bought a J.L. Audio sub.
    This driver here is a bargain and has gained a great reputation if anyone is interested. http://https://www.parts-express.com...eaker--264-919
    Are you going to build an enclosure for it or just mount it in the trunk? You may want to cut out a baffle that fits into the bottom of that trunk to secure the woofer to. I don't know how stiff the bottom of that trunk is, but you definitely want the bottom where the speaker will be mounted to be stiff. Flex will rob your driver of output.
    its actually mounted on a piece of delrin right now as im trying to mock it up and yes lanzar i'm using it for mock up
    didn't want to screw up a 130 dollar speaker!
    should have the rest of the parts this week to work on the amp,great right up btw,i found a fuse box on wing stuffs site so im gonna use that for all my new mods!!wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    its actually mounted on a piece of delrin right now as im trying to mock it up and yes lanzar i'm using it for mock up
    didn't want to screw up a 130 dollar speaker!
    should have the rest of the parts this week to work on the amp,great right up btw,i found a fuse box on wing stuffs site so im gonna use that for all my new mods!!wish me luck!
    Keep us informed. Right now, I have three electrical items that I have added outside of the free stuff I got from Honda when I bought my bike. Really it's just two items. I have a harness for my heated clothing , the new amplifier and I have a jack for a trickle charger or easy way to jump if I ever need to. All three have inline fuses and are attached directly to the battery. On my Valkyrie , I had added a power distribution box. I may go that direction with the F6B in the near future.

nice

This is the motivation I was looking for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tedubya View Post
    This is the motivation I was looking for.

Thanks
    Here is a short clip. The video was recorded using my phone so it really does not do it justice.

Here are some bits that have some real heavy bass. However it does not come across. Believe me, the volume is extremely loud and the bass you can feel. But what should I expect from a phone right?

some of the radio upgrade the install it done but still needs to be wired up

thatonebiker: Any updates?

Whoever thought you couldn't ride down the road on a motorcycle and have great bass from your music, needs to take note. I'm so very pleased with the outcome of my efforts. This thing rocks and thumps. Even at 70 mph.

I haven't gotten much farther than that latley. Just got a bit lazy on it I still have a few months before I can ride and I was working on customizing my seat some and making ridged dually d2 fit in the stock location in the front cowling