My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I originally mounted the 5.25" I bought a small square sheet of ABS. I trimmed out the outline of the stock speakers and then cut out the needed area inside that for the 5.25" I got the ABS from a local car audio place for $10. You can order various sizes and thicknesses of ABS from various sources on the web. Just google it. That's what I did anyways.

It worked well. Since then , I have up sized to the 6.5" One of the 5.25" woofers had developed a slight rattle. I ran then very hard. The place I bought them will warranty them, but I didn't want to wait, so I ordered the 6.5".

If you go the ABS route, I'd recommend getting a thickness of about or a 1/4" thick. The 5.25" will bottom out as well without a little spacing.
    I'll give it a go, hope the mm6501 is the same as the mm651!

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I'll give it a go, hope the mm6501 is the same as the mm651!
    This is info I posted on the other thread: the MM6501 is 3/16" deeper than the 651. so I may need to make more mods to make it fit. I'll be damned if I don't make this thing work though. I want the best sound I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    This is info I posted on the other thread: the MM6501 is 3/16" deeper than the 651. so I may need to make more mods to make it fit. I'll be damned if I don't make this thing work though. I want the best sound I can get.
    How did it turn out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    How did it turn out?
    I have the mm6501 kit installed for over 12,000 miles sofar the sound is great but it's alot of time and trimming required to make them fit