Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
Wow and thanks again. I will give it a try this weekend.
No problem. I forgot to mention that I did not concern myself with the Mute function. This would have to be done outside of the PAC steering wheel adapter for a couple reasons.

One, the handlebar "Mute" button is not a momentary switch. I don't know if it were to be dissected, if it could be converted, but could just be Pandora's box to put it all back together.

Two, there isn't a Mute function to program into the PAC unit for the 8BB under the Clarion program list.

Now the way you could utilize the Mute button would be to interrupt the amplifier trigger signal that turns on the amplifier thus turning off the amp with the Mute button. This would in effect, mute the audio. According to the wiring diagram, though, the wiring for the mut button goes through a different wiring harness and terminates somewhere else. So one would have to either go to the switch, or find where the wires terminate at to wire them up. If the wires had terminated in the same bundle as the other wires, I would have gone the route of wiring up as I mentioned. As it is, it wasn't that important to me.