My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade - Page 15
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by cdtessmer View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the site and to Goldwings. I bought a new 2016 F6B and want to upgrade the audio. In order to install a powered sub in the saddlebag, where do you get the inputs from? I don't want to remove the stock amp yet as my budget won't allow me to spend that much money right now, but I do plan to add two 4" speakers in the fairing using the rear speaker outputs. Can I tap into the + of one channel and the - of the other before the factory amp for the sub? How would that work? Any assistance you can lend me is greatly appreciated.
    I'd hold out a bit. There is someone that is going to be offering some audio stuff for the F6B and Gold Wing. Among the items are some speaker pods for the fairing that would replace the left side pocket and the lid on the right side. These pods will accommodate 6.5" speakers. As far as a sub, it is going to need to be amplified, whether by an on board amp or a separate amp. As far as getting a signal from the stock system to another amp, that is a mixed bag of nuts. I had little success in a satisfactory outcome trying to use the speaker level outputs of the OEM system. I originally ended up , as detailed in this post, finding the pre out signals from the OEM head unit. Some others have done it, but my experience wasn't positive with the high level outputs. Now, I no longer have any of the factory system on my B.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'd hold out a bit. There is someone that is going to be offering some audio stuff for the F6B and Gold Wing. Among the items are some speaker pods for the fairing that would replace the left side pocket and the lid on the right side. These pods will accommodate 6.5" speakers. As far as a sub, it is going to need to be amplified, whether by an on board amp or a separate amp. As far as getting a signal from the stock system to another amp, that is a mixed bag of nuts. I had little success in a satisfactory outcome trying to use the speaker level outputs of the OEM system. I originally ended up , as detailed in this post, finding the pre out signals from the OEM head unit. Some others have done it, but my experience wasn't positive with the high level outputs. Now, I no longer have any of the factory system on my B.
    Jimmyt, I think you missed that he is asking about tapping pre factory amp, not post. And as I have pointed out previously, my experience with tapping post amp was favorable.

cdtessmer,
    Search for my post on audio upgrade for details on what to tap. I have schematics showing what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoKola View Post
    Jimmyt, I think you missed that he is asking about tapping pre factory amp, not post. And as I have pointed out previously, my experience with tapping post amp was favorable.

cdtessmer,
    Search for my post on audio upgrade for details on what to tap. I have schematics showing what you need.
    I think you should re read my post. I specifically mentioned hooking it up from the pre outs. I detailed it greatly in this thread. Pictures are no longer there because of the deal with Photobucket screwing everyone over. He also mentioned not having a lot to spend right now, but yeah he should buy that Audison Prima.

I think you should re read my post. I specifically mentioned hooking it up from the pre outs. I detailed it greatly in this thread. Pictures are no longer there because of the deal with Photobucket screwing everyone over. He also mentioned not having a lot to spend right now, but yeah he should buy that Audison Prima.
    You don't need a audison prima. there are units half that price now that provide similar, if not better. A decent speaker ->line level works as well.

All I know is I am happy with my rig and it was a great learning experience. To each their own..
    -R

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoKola View Post
    You don't need a audison prima. there are units half that price now that provide similar, if not better. A decent speaker ->line level works as well.

All I know is I am happy with my rig and it was a great learning experience. To each their own..
    -R
    I'm aware of what is out there. I was just simply responding to your claim that I missed the point of his question . This in a thread that detailed very thoroughly both approaches. Albeit the pictures are no longer there.

Alright you two - we'll have a stereo war on Saturday.

Musicians & sound engineers will judge.

Steve

Still crossing those swords I see.......

Quote Originally Posted by F6Pilot View Post
    Still crossing those swords I see.......
    I hope there are others that surprise us with some innovative upgrades. There is a shop in AZ that has promised to begin offering some F6B specific audio upgrades. Unfortunately, their schedule was already too full up with tings like Sturgis to have product ready for our Rally.

I hope there are others that surprise us with some innovative upgrades. There is a shop in AZ that has promised to begin offering some F6B specific audio upgrades. Unfortunately, their schedule was already too full up with tings like Sturgis to have product ready for our Rally.
    Standing by to see what comes down the Pike
    I hate cutting up factory wiring.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to say thanks to Jimmytee! I Just finished my install with NVX 4 channel amp, infinity Kappa 6.5 speakers, and J&L 6.5 sub. Very pleased with results and this thread made install a “breeze”!