My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

I have it all done and have over a 1000 miles on them now to give them some time to break in and the mm 6501 sound way better than stock and actually has some bass you can feel it in the bars. and the ridged fog driving lights I installed are bright almost to bright I get flashed on the highway from oncoming traffic but they sure light up the ditch

Quote Originally Posted by thatonebiker View Post
    I have it all done and have over a 1000 miles on them now to give them some time to break in and the mm 6501 sound way better than stock and actually has some bass you can feel it in the bars. and the ridged fog driving lights I installed are bright almost to bright I get flashed on the highway from oncoming traffic but they sure light up the ditch
    Thanks for the update. So you'd say you're pretty satisfied with the results?

I know I have been. I just stayed with the 5.25" MM series as they really do rock and with the sub filling in the bottom end things are great.

99% of the time I listen with earbuds on under my helmet... but if I ever change that I know where to go for upgrade info. Thanks for all the work and the mindshare Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    99% of the time I listen with earbuds on under my helmet... but if I ever change that I know where to go for upgrade info. Thanks for all the work and the mindshare Jimmy!
    I've used earbuds in the past. They're ok if riding by yourself. If you are riding with anyone, then when you stop or need to communicate,it's awkward. I ride quite a bit with either someone else and or in a group. I have a Scala G9 headset in my helmet, but use it primarily for communication. Not really impressed with it for music listening. Got much better sound through my on bike system.

I put in Alpine series e 5.25 speakers and rode with them for a few weeks. They sounded like crap even though there was more volume. Yesterday I added a kenwood KAC-M1824BT amp. The BT stands for Bluetooth so my phone can be in my pocket. The controller was installed in the blank space below the right handlebar. The amp is under the rear left of my mustang seat. It is very loud and clear! Total cost including install $600.00 I also like the fact that I can control the volume either from phone or controller. Attachment 14262

Sorry my pic was upside down

Quote Originally Posted by LacoocheeBoy View Post
    I put in Alpine series e 5.25 speakers and rode with them for a few weeks. They sounded like crap even though there was more volume. Yesterday I added a kenwood KAC-M1824BT amp. The BT stands for Bluetooth so my phone can be in my pocket. The controller was installed in the blank space below the right handlebar. The amp is under the rear left of my mustang seat. It is very loud and clear! Total cost including install $600.00 I also like the fact that I can control the volume either from phone or controller. Attachment 14262
    So you can't use the factory handlebar controls then?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

When you are using the Bluetooth from your phone that's right. But when you switch it back to AM/FM that uses the factory controls.

Quote Originally Posted by LacoocheeBoy View Post
    When you are using the Bluetooth from your phone that's right. But when you switch it back to AM/FM that uses the factory controls.
    I guess I'm missing something.

How are you inputting a signal to the amp?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

The amp is Bluetooth it self. So my phone goes directly to the amp