My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade - Page 6
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My adventures in F6B Audio Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by LacoocheeBoy View Post
    The amp is Bluetooth it self. So my phone goes directly to the amp
    No, I understand that. I'm asking how you're able to control the factory system as you say the factory controls work with the AM FM radio? If you have installed a new amp, and I'm assuming you then have the new amp powering the speakers instead of the OEM amp, and then you change volumes with your phone, where does the factory controls come into play? How do you have the factory system tied into it? Are you using the speaker outputs of the OEM system to plug into the speaker level inputs? And if so, it seems to sound alright?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

The largest button on the control in the picture is the input switch. The radio is also hooked directly into the amp so when you change the inputs you go back to the radio controls

Quote Originally Posted by thatonebiker View Post
    some of the radio upgrade the install it done but still needs to be wired up
    where is this amp mounted? maybe i missed the post?

and how did you mount the 5 1/4? I am at that step now. I ordered the 6.5, carved up the tweeters, mounted the x-overs, and realized the subs were a huge no-go. ordered the 5 1/4 and am trying to figure the best way to mount bass to the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    where is this amp mounted? maybe i missed the post?

and how did you mount the 5 1/4? I am at that step now. I ordered the 6.5, carved up the tweeters, mounted the x-overs, and realized the subs were a huge no-go. ordered the 5 1/4 and am trying to figure the best way to mount bass to the dash.
    I originally mounted the 5.25" I bought a small square sheet of ABS. I trimmed out the outline of the stock speakers and then cut out the needed area inside that for the 5.25" I got the ABS from a local car audio place for $10. You can order various sizes and thicknesses of ABS from various sources on the web. Just google it. That's what I did anyways.

It worked well. Since then , I have up sized to the 6.5" One of the 5.25" woofers had developed a slight rattle. I ran then very hard. The place I bought them will warranty them, but I didn't want to wait, so I ordered the 6.5".

If you go the ABS route, I'd recommend getting a thickness of about or a 1/4" thick. The 5.25" will bottom out as well without a little spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I originally mounted the 5.25" I bought a small square sheet of ABS. I trimmed out the outline of the stock speakers and then cut out the needed area inside that for the 5.25" I got the ABS from a local car audio place for $10. You can order various sizes and thicknesses of ABS from various sources on the web. Just google it. That's what I did anyways.

It worked well. Since then , I have up sized to the 6.5" One of the 5.25" woofers had developed a slight rattle. I ran then very hard. The place I bought them will warranty them, but I didn't want to wait, so I ordered the 6.5".

If you go the ABS route, I'd recommend getting a thickness of about or a 1/4" thick. The 5.25" will bottom out as well without a little spacing.

Did you happen to take any pictures?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Did you happen to take any pictures?

Thanks
    Of which? For the 5.25"go to the first page of this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post

I'll give it a go, hope the mm6501 is the same as the mm651!

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    I'll give it a go, hope the mm6501 is the same as the mm651!
    This is info I posted on the other thread: the MM6501 is 3/16" deeper than the 651. so I may need to make more mods to make it fit. I'll be damned if I don't make this thing work though. I want the best sound I can get.