ultimate trailer,questions?

Thread: ultimate trailer,questions?

ultimate trailer,questions?

My wife and I are considering the purchase of an ultimate trailer to transport our bikes on longer trips. They are pricey. Has anyone here used one or know of anyone who has that could give us some first hand feedback about the "price to value" of this type of trailer? The website is www.the-ultimate-trailers.com. thanks in advance for your help. C

Cool

Trailers .... I have owned a few, still own a Bushtec that I pull w/ the F6B... When you need one, you need one... IMHO if you can avoid buying one you will be better off. When needed you can beg borrow or rent one. I rented one from U-Haul about a month ago.... You don't have to store it, provide insurance or lay out a bunch of money to own one. You lay out money once or twice a year and you don't have to see your money rotting in your yard or storage facility .....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hauling a bike on an open trailer can be dangerous

Had a friend hauling with an open trailer an other trailer tire came off bounnced and totaled his bike(slamed in to the side of his HD) ,not to mention the weather and hail.
    I don't use an open trailer on long trips, not mention all the shoes the girl friend has to takeU can get a quailty 7x 14 for cheep its not worth the chance and weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    My wife and I are considering the purchase of an ultimate trailer to transport our bikes on longer trips. They are pricey. Has anyone here used one or know of anyone who has that could give us some first hand feedback about the "price to value" of this type of trailer? The website is www.the-ultimate-trailers.com. thanks in advance for your help. C
    SKSFOX

Enclosed Trailer

I have a Wells Cargo 5 X 10 enclosed Motorcycle trailer that I picked up a few years ago and I would not tow my bike anywhere on an open trailer....No worries about rocks, tires, road trash, etc.........during the Winter time....(it rains a lot here in Washington)....I use it to store my F6B. with a oil radiant heater and it keeps it nice and cozy til spring.......just my two cents. Look around there may be some used enclosed trailers in your area for the same amount of $$$.

Ride Safe but Often!!!

I own a 2012 Stealth 21' V nose Aluminum trailer enclosed, and (2) kendon trailers, a single and a double. Yes, the alum trailer cost me nearly 6k, but it is cheaper than adding a garage. I use it for motorcycle storage and for hauling when I go to Florida, etc. VERY handy. I highly recommend ALUMINUM vs steel....no rust. Stay presentable much much longer, much lighter. I have hauled 6 cycles in my stealth, talking hogs, a trike and a few sport bikes.

I am PRO trailer owner. BUT if I was to only haul a bike or 2 once or twice a year and didn't need to store 4-5 bikes in it all year long....I'd probably be trailer less.
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

thanks, points well taken. We use a trailer no less than 8 to 9 times a year and are considering a trip out west this year. The Ultimate can be stored in the garage and hold the bikes, so it may serve both issues. Also has an air lowering system for loading and an air ride system.

I own one, hate it. I have to pay to tag it each year, increase my insurance to cover it, and it sits in my yard or storage building. Buddies use it and knock the lights off of it backing it up, I never trailer my F6, I ride it... so short of using it to transport firewood, id be money ahead to sell it...

i could rent one every few years and be money ahead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by BobinMich View Post
    I own a 2012 Stealth 21' V nose Aluminum trailer enclosed, and (2) kendon trailers, a single and a double. Yes, the alum trailer cost me nearly 6k, but it is cheaper than adding a garage. I use it for motorcycle storage and for hauling when I go to Florida, etc. VERY handy. I highly recommend ALUMINUM vs steel....no rust. Stay presentable much much longer, much lighter. I have hauled 6 cycles in my stealth, talking hogs, a trike and a few sport bikes.

I am PRO trailer owner. BUT if I was to only haul a bike or 2 once or twice a year and didn't need to store 4-5 bikes in it all year long....I'd probably be trailer less.
    Man - You did exactly the same , what I've figured out long time ago .
    The only difference is , I don't have SO MANY bikes , but still I'm Pro close trailer !