Winter "tinkering"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter "tinkering"

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Winter "tinkering"

I've found over the years with my several bikes that for me motorcycling is infectious, I always have to somehow be connected to my bike. In the Winter months when I can't ride (Steve you and the rest of the "Florida crew" can just keep quite) I am always working on something whether it be routine maintenance or obsessive "modding".

I just started my winter modding and wanted to know what the rest of you have planned for your bike during the down time???

Here's what I just started........there's a lot more to taking this bike apart then any I have ever owned in the past, it's a learning curve for certain.

Coming from the long cold Canadian winters I should get off my ass and insulate and heat the garage so I could "tinker".
    2013 F6B in black of course

That gives me chest pain just looking at it

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Coming from the long cold Canadian winters I should get off my ass and insulate and heat the garage so I could "tinker".
    No joke
    I went out yesterday (shelter w/ no heat) to start my winter mods but thought it was too cold to mess with the tupperware and some of my mods have two sided tape and that aint working either so....this years upgrades are waiting for a liitle bit of warmth

My garage is insulated, attached, but not heated. The temp in there is right around the freezing mark, which is OK to work on.

So far, I have added a fork brace, and some chrome bits.
    On my to do list over the next 60 days are:

an additional rear brake light (Whelen TIR3) to replace the rear reflector
    brake light modulator
    LED turn and brake light kit
    Muth LED mirrors
    Show Chrome luggage rack
    Rivco Aero pegs
    chrome sidestand
    Healtech digital gear readout
    Healtech speedo healer
    voltmeter
    LED illuminator for my fog light switch

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    No joke
    I went out yesterday (shelter w/ no heat) to start my winter mods but thought it was too cold to mess with the tupperware and some of my mods have two sided tape and that aint working either so....this years upgrades are waiting for a liitle bit of warmth
    I agree about the cold and the garage..I have been going to insulate my garage door panels since a friend of mine had new doors put on his garage a couple years ago..His doors, he has three, have fiberglass 2" thick panels inside and it really makes a difference with the inside temp...That coupled with a propane heater really makes it comfortable enough to work inside for a while...OH, Well, Spring is coming soon, I hope!!!

Others found different alternative

To me winter riding is using a motorcycle in winter conditions, as in riding on snow and ice.

I have seen Can-Ams and Urals driven in the winter, or dirt bikes with studded tires.

I wouldn't call that video winter riding. I'd call it cool weather riding.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    As much as I love my garage and spend a good bit of time there it is not yet insulated or have hvac....I'm hoping to tackle that next year. I just bundle up....it's a labor of love....

It's RIDING IN THE WINTER