Back rest modification

Thread: Back rest modification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Back rest modification

Ok guys this is my first post on here so go easy on me. I decide the but chock on my Deluxe need a little help. So I looked for a suitable sub. No luck cause I am too picky(cheap),so I decide to do my self. After I got the creative juices flowing I fabricated my own bracket. The result is about a 5" lift and my better half is quite happy with it. Not too tall to throw a leg over but does the job well. Check it out and let me know what you think of it. The cut out should be familiar to all and the oval slot is perfect for rock straps to fit through. Its not painted yet as i have not decided to paint or chrome.

Sarge

Attachment 10780Attachment 10781

I like it ,looks good. I made my own riser also, not as fancy though.

Looks great!
    You could likely sell a ton of those if you could mass produce it.

Looks like is chromed already and actually has nice appearance .
    I like it . How did you engrave the logo and would you do similar for me ?

Looks like you had access to a Plasma Arc to cut the Honda Wing Logo. Great work! Thanks for sharing.

Ok since you guys are curious the logo is not engraved. It is cut completely through the steel. I can make more if there is enough interest. The one on my bike is not painted or plated yet. It was cleaned and smoothed using a series of flap disc wheels in a 4.5" grinder. I am not in the fabrication business but do have the means to produce some.

Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtjetdrive View Post
    Ok since you guys are curious the logo is not engraved. It is cut completely through the steel. I can make more if there is enough interest. The one on my bike is not painted or plated yet. It was cleaned and smoothed using a series of flap disc wheels in a 4.5" grinder. I am not in the fabrication business but do have the means to produce some.

Sarge
    I can give you a hand . I'm serious . So , where is the beginning ? I have a tools, time, determination and some imagination . Need only jump start . It will be helpful , if you send me some sketch of this bracket in 2 or 3 dimensions . Logo cut is a secondary step . For now , please respond to limoles@comcast.net Thanks