My Last Windshield?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Last Windshield??

shooter
    Guys I appreciate all the research and money you have spent trying to help me. Ha! I am still on the fence about what to do. The 11 inch CB isn't bad. I am thinking about the Klockwerks or the 13 inch CB with vent. I just don't like the looks of the Madstad. Seriously thanks for your time and opinion. I value both.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Guys I appreciate all the research and money you have spent trying to help me. Ha! I am still on the fence about what to do. The 11 inch CB isn't bad. I am thinking about the Klockwerks or the 13 inch CB with vent. I just don't like the looks of the Madstad. Seriously thanks for your time and opinion. I value both.
    You won't gain a thing other than looks with the KW, I tried one, didn't last the week end. Looks good, but a very irritating buffet for me. Take a look at the Windbender, same principle as the Madstad, and most think it looks better. Good luck!

I may have a Windbender for sale soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I may have a Windbender for sale soon.
    What are you looking to replace it with?

Wait for it...

I just put a KW shield on. So far I really like it but haven't taken it on the interstate yet. We'll see. I've always wanted to try one so now I have the chance. I did ride another F6B with one and liked it though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Wait for it...

I just put a KW shield on. So far I really like it but haven't taken it on the interstate yet. We'll see. I've always wanted to try one so now I have the chance. I did ride another F6B with one and liked it though.
    Everyone is different, hope it works for ya. I am done looking for seats, windhields etc. I just want to ride it. The only thing I'm waiting to do is install the new rectangular driving lights Rick will be shipping in March. Content now with everything. DON"T sell the windbender until the week-end is over!!!

I won't be selling it too soon. I need to use the KW for a week or two and get the wife on the bike to see what she thinks about wind buffeting. I will report my findings.

Yes I would like to hear your review of the KW. I love the look but think it may be too short for me.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Yes I would like to hear your review of the KW. I love the look but think it may be too short for me.
    First impressions are good. The height of the Windbender that I like the most is about 14.5" measuring from the base of the LCD dash panel. That shield sits out further from the riding position. It's wide and with the split design the wind hits me in the forehead. The KW measures about 13.5-13.75" (using the same focal point on my garage wall from the seated position) but comes back a lot closer to the rider and has a bigger flip at the top. I noticed at slow speed that the wind hits me at about the same spot. The only downside I anticipate is that since the KW is much narrower, there might be more wind on the ears and possibly the passenger. Maybe not though since it has such a big flip. We'll see.

A year later and no follow up to the KW assessment?