My Last Windshield?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Last Windshield??

Klockwerks for goldwing

I have a project going. I bought a Klockwerks 16 with vent for Goldwing. Went to partzilla and got most of the hardware that snaps into the shields mounts so it can slide as the wings is adjustable, the b is not. I didnt get the dashboard lever. I'm thinking with the right tension on the bolts i can mussle it up and down. Even if that doesn't work, the Goldwing model has the vent. Klockwerks doesnt offer that for the b model. I spent all day sunday on the high beam leds, showchromes led fogs and the ultimate king install. Was a busy day but got er done. The Klockwerks is next on the list. Will report results.

http://URL=http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Chris_Bruner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpst4stmn91.jpeg.html][/URL]

I mounted the 14" Klock Werks screen a week ago. I am 6,2". The wind hits me right in the face when riding helmet open.
    So I drilled 3 new mounting holes a good inch lower below the existing mounting holes. Now the KW sits about an inch higher. The wind now hits my upper helmet part. The KW looks very cool on the F6B but when riding the interstate the buffeting gets annoying and after a few hours my head felt like a watermelon. I like the fact that I can easily look over the KW and see the road close ahead of me, useful when riding narrow twisties and steeper uphill roads. I hate to look thru a windscreen. The KW allows me to ride visor up up to around 50mph. I had almost no bugs hit me in the face on my 1200mi weekend trip, 90% of the bugs get deflected by the steep curve of top of the screen. Just a few heavy buggers came thru.
    I will take Biglry's advice and mount a MRA X-creen on top of the KW. That way I can keep the advantages of the KW and flip up the MRA for the faster interstate/hwy riding portions.
    Next weekend ride to the french riviera is planned so I will report back how the MRA add-on performs.

Hey frenchiee

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    I mounted the 14" Klock Werks screen a week ago. I am 6,2". The wind hits me right in the face when riding helmet open.
    So I drilled 3 new mounting holes a good inch lower below the existing mounting holes. Now the KW sits about an inch higher. The wind now hits my upper helmet part. The KW looks very cool on the F6B but when riding the interstate the buffeting gets annoying and after a few hours my head felt like a watermelon. I like the fact that I can easily look over the KW and see the road close ahead of me, useful when riding narrow twisties and steeper uphill roads. I hate to look thru a windscreen. The KW allows me to ride visor up up to around 50mph. I had almost no bugs hit me in the face on my 1200mi weekend trip, 90% of the bugs get deflected by the steep curve of top of the screen. Just a few heavy buggers came thru.
    I will take Biglry's advice and mount a MRA X-creen on top of the KW. That way I can keep the advantages of the KW and flip up the MRA for the faster interstate/hwy riding portions.
    Next weekend ride to the french riviera is planned so I will report back how the MRA add-on performs.

Hey how about a bottle of that fine alsace wine?

+1

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I have used the BaggerShield Adjustable on mine since I bought it and I'm very happy with it. It adjusts from 19" down to 11". I adjust it down when I'm on a back road with reduced speed limit when I want a little more wind in my face. When I want to hop on the parkway I just flip it up.

http://www.baggershield.com/baggersh...952caa0346caf1
    The 11 to 19 inch Bagger Shield

shield

Hello all....I've been us a Long Ride Shields 12" all summer and works very well....high quality...perfect fit....many options and great price. I got the tallest dark tint they offer but sometimes i wish I would have gotten one inch taller..(occasional buffeting)

Went with a Clearview Small with recurve

Hopefully this will help anyone trying to figure out what size to get:

I stand 5'11", have a 37" sitting height and a 32" inseam.

Went with a dark tented Small (14-14.75") Sport Tour (wider) width and the Recurve, mounted as high as it will go. This allows me to still see over the top of the shield.

So at 68 mph running with the wind at my back or sides I have NO wind noise and can listen to the radio at a volume of 16 (speed sensing set to high) and the slip stream hits me about 1" below the top of my helmet. Running into the wind I have occasional wind noise, but not enough to bother me.

My helmet is a Shark Evoline modular. Turns out 2 years later my helmet is NOT the most quiet out there, but as I live and ride in Texas, I really appreciate the ability to instantly go from full face to open face with the push of a button.

The Clearview Medium as a height of 15-15.75" It would definitely stop the wind noise when running into the wind, but the top od the screen would be close to my vision line.

Hope this helps.
    2015 F6B Matte Siver
    2008 Yamaha RSTD Silver/Grey
    2004 BMW R1150RT Siver
    1984 Kawasaki GPz 550 Silver
    See a theme in color here?????? lol