Trickle Chargers -yes or no? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trickle Chargers -yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    What a jerk
    Don't worry, Florida is full of bugs,drugs, and humidity and is soon going to fall into the ocean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    What a jerk
    Why would you call him a jerk just because he hasn't heard of a trickle charger?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    Why would you call him a jerk just because he hasn't heard of a trickle charger?
    Oops, I get it. I should get out more!

Thanks a lot, Phantom . After looking into the CTEK chargers you suggested, I wound up ordering the 3300 model. It really does look like a great little charger.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Thanks a lot, Phantom . After looking into the CTEK chargers you suggested, I wound up ordering the 3300 model. It really does look like a great little charger.
    Ken, I have added the CTEK LED pigtails that have 3 lights, a Red, Yellow and Green.

They will blink to let you know the status of the battery without the charger plugged in, when the battery has a full charge it blinks green, when it is starting to drain, it blinks yellow and when it is low it blinks red.

I just plug the chargers in when the yellow light starts blinking. These pigtails are around $10 and you can hide it yet can easily see the lights when needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ctek-Eyelet-...79449761&rt=nc

The following link has a video half-way down, just click play for a demonstration ...

http://www.etrailer.com/Battery-Char...CTEK56382.html

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

My 2005 HD Softail Deluxe has the original battery which I plug into a Battery Tender Plus after each ride. I realize that I'm on borrowed time at nine seasons but the HD never strays too far from home base these days so I'm going to see how long it will hold up. All my vehicles are on Battery Tenders except for my KTM 1290SDR what has a lithium battery for weight reduction. Lithium batteries require a different type of charger.

Yep
    maximizes battery life.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Thanx for the advice ! I will investigate and since I have a decent charger,I will invest in a tender or maintenance charger.
    I thought I was doing good with my process and batteries lasting about 3 years, but hearing that proper maintenance will bring them to 6+ years is a "d'uh" moment. Appreciate it.
    Oh and I've been to Minnesota in December once. Before I moved to Denver and got a taste of being in the mountains at night(not on a bike) I didn't think it could get that cold on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Ken, I have added the CTEK LED pigtails that have 3 lights, a Red, Yellow and Green.
    Tony--This, too, seemed like a great idea so I ordered one to go with the 3300 charger. Thanks for the great suggestions. BTW, the battery on one of my cars was possibly in the process of failing so the first use of my new charger was on that. It charged overnight and appears to have come back to life .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Trickle charger

Yes yes yes