Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Teach, I did mount those exact lights...originally...but had to send them back due to very poor brackets. After several others complained, I do believe that BikeMP3 has redesigned the brackets, and improved on them. I have not seen the new brackets, so I cannot state if they are better or not. The 960 dual LED lights do put out a ton of light...BUT...if your plan is to add light for nighttime riding...it is NOT a good idea to make your lower cowling lights the additional lights for nighttime riding.

Here is why: Most serious LD riders that install additional lighting to help "Light Up The Road" for seeing longer distances and for more usable light at night...mount their lights as HIGH on the bike as possible. Mounting the aux. lighting as HIGH as possible allows the lights to look further down the road, and to look DOWN into potholes and dips of the road. Whereas lights that are mounted LOW on the bike...i.e., the lower cowling area...cause a shadow effect on those same potholes and dips in the road, and the lights SKIM the surface of the road, not looking INTO the potholes or dips. They also do not shine as far down the road as lights that are mounted up high.

The lower cowling lights should be used for only two purposes...to get the attention of drivers in front of you, and to see better through foggy conditions. Both of those situations require the need for a color of light that is NOT a white light. I.E., the EC Single Shooter LED lights that a few of us have, with the YELLOW tinted lens, will seriously get the attention of all drivers in front of you, but will NOT be distracting to oncoming cars...and the color of the light will also help in foggy conditions. where...you never want to use your high beams, or any high mounted aux, lighting, as it reflects in the fog.

Ask those that saw my YELLOW lens LED Single Shooter lights in Auburn, CA last weekend...they work.

If you want to really see far down the road at night...do what I just finished doing today, and that is install 4 new HID headlights on the front of the bike, in place of the 2 low beams, and the 2 high beams, and WOW...does it light up the road.
Hey Miles, which hid's did you use? This is always one of the first mods I like to do for safety.