Questions for the fast guys - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Questions for the fast guys

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Reading along and thinking---- Sometimes it is nice being old! I thought a lot about the B and what I could/would do once I got it. Never was one of those thoughts about dragging the pegs.

Still can't get the music too loud though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Draggin' belly pan...well, maybe. It really depends on the belly pan. Some pans mount further in like the Macgyver I have on now and it isn't nearly as susceptible to dragging. It's also a bit more robust than some of the other pans.

As far as taking better lines to prevent dragging of hard parts...that's only true to a point. Dragging is inevitably related to speed and corner angle. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, jacking up the rear suspension with preload is necessary for the more aggressive riders. In fact, some of the really aggressive riders install a longer custom-made rear shock clevis to raise it up even further.
    Ken, the reason that you don't hit the belly pan or the exhaust shields is because you have the Traxxion Dynamics Forks that I installed in your bike! The stock forks are sprung way to soft for spirited riding, IMHO. Also, if you run the rear suspension all the way to the top, you shouldn't hit the pipes. If you do, then it might be time for a better spring on the rear shock too.

Another correction, The F6 that crashed was on Moonshiner 28, not the Dragon.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    The F6 that crashed was on Moonshiner 28, not the Dragon.

Thanks Jimmy, I couldn't remember the name of the road. I knew that we were in the vicinity of the Dragon.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Ken, the reason that you don't hit the belly pan or the exhaust shields is because you have the Traxxion Dynamics Forks that I installed in your bike! The stock forks are sprung way to soft for spirited riding, IMHO. Also, if you run the rear suspension all the way to the top, you shouldn't hit the pipes. If you do, then it might be time for a better spring on the rear shock too.
    Right, Big Dawg The Traxxion Dynamics forks are considerably stiffer than stock. The stock rear is still fairly soft however, even with preload dialed up, so that is why I'm still dragging quite a bit. That said, my Macgyver belly pan doesn't seem to be a problem. It goes in tighter than some other belly pans and that's especially true when you install them using a floor jack like I did .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Right, Big Dawg The Traxxion Dynamics forks are considerably stiffer than stock. The stock rear is still fairly soft however, even with preload dialed up, so that is why I'm still dragging quite a bit. That said, my Macgyver belly pan doesn't seem to be a problem. It goes in tighter than some other belly pans and that's especially true when you install them using a floor jack like I did .
    Ken, for those who like to ride the F6 and the Wings like we do, I make a rear shock clevis that is a 1/4" longer than stock so it raises the bike up a little higher than stock. I believe the rear spring on the F6 is way too soft (the Wing too) and should be a stronger if you like to ride the twisties at a spirited pace. On my bike, I have a Penski rear shock with a stronger spring and a longer shock clevis. The front frorks have AK-20 kits in them, 1.1 KG springs, fork brace and the fork tubes are pushed dowm 10mm in the triple trees. The result is much greater ground clearance and I had to make the kickstand an inch longer. It almost handles like a sport bike now.

A common misconception, is that slightly stiffer springs make the ride harsher, not true, it mearly makes the bike ride higher in the suspension instead of bouncing off the botton of the travel like a stock bike.

I do LOVE those titanium peg pucks! Throw some of that fire, Big Dawg
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Bought my 6 in July 14, now have 5600 miles or so. Already see that new pegs are needing to be ordered soon. Need to put the pucks on this bike. Cuts down on buying pegs.

Check out this web site for the best peg savers.

They are offered in steel, aluminum, and titanium. Rumor has it; if you have as much money as Phantom, you can special order them in Platinum!

http://www.pepsx.com/products.html

Yep, Big Dawg introduced these to me last year and I've been showering sparks ever since (but not quite as much as Big Dawg) . BTW, if you like the sparks idea, be sure to order them in titanium, or, if you're flush, platinum like Phantom
    Ken (Hornblower)

I ride with harley guys. Don't need to drag a peg to stay way ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    I ride with harley guys. Don't need to drag a peg to stay way ahead of them.
    Thats funny I too ride with some Harley riders but I like to stay ahead of them so I don't have to hear all that loud exhaust!