Questions for the fast guys - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Questions for the fast guys

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Thats funny I too ride with some Harley riders but I like to stay ahead of them so I don't have to hear all that loud exhaust!
    Yup. having a hotrod can have its perks!

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Yup. having a hotrod can have its perks!
    Also glad I ride an F6B so I can get ahead of those Harley's that make that horrible "nauseous noise" whose riders think it makes their bikes go faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Thats funny I too ride with some Harley riders but I like to stay ahead of them so I don't have to hear all that loud exhaust!
    You ever think you mite be there designated decoy? 👮

Attachment 14211Attachment 14212

Noticed these scrapes on my engine gaurds the other day and now I'm spooked I never felt these guys touching down.

I have never had the bike down and tires changes were done by dealer.

I did have 15k on my front tire before swapping it out. Could it have been worn down to the point that I lost ground clearance?

For me personally I stay away from dragging anything, if I am I picked a bad line or didn't have enough throttle control. You can fly through the corners and not drag a thing if you take the right line and the right throttle control. If I start dragging pegs I'm going to fast in my opinion. I have nothing to prove though and I can still get down with some very spirited riding. Anything more I'll take it to the track public roads offer to many dangers to be riding 9/10th's, vehicles cross the center on my all the time when your in full lean and nowhere to go it's disastrous.

Leave yourself some safety margin, if you have to readjust your line for some idiot you have the room to do so, it happens so much up there, especially the Harley riders those guys seem to always be over cooking it and dragging everything and usually end up in my lane.

I have Traxxion on my Wing and considering it for the F6B, it's awesome and I can't say enough good things about it. It handles like a sport bike now and I can get through faster on that then on my B.

Everyone has a different motto for how they ride that's just what I keep mine to, keep the hard parts off the pavement and ride within that and you'll be just fine. That's just me though
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    For me personally I stay away from dragging anything, if I am I picked a bad line or didn't have enough throttle control. You can fly through the corners and not drag a thing if you take the right line and the right throttle control. If I start dragging pegs I'm going to fast in my opinion. I have nothing to prove though and I can still get down with some very spirited riding. Anything more I'll take it to the track public roads offer to many dangers to be riding 9/10th's, vehicles cross the center on my all the time when your in full lean and nowhere to go it's disastrous.

Leave yourself some safety margin, if you have to readjust your line for some idiot you have the room to do so, it happens so much up there, especially the Harley riders those guys seem to always be over cooking it and dragging everything and usually end up in my lane.

I have Traxxion on my Wing and considering it for the F6B, it's awesome and I can't say enough good things about it. It handles like a sport bike now and I can get through faster on that then on my B.

Everyone has a different motto for how they ride that's just what I keep mine to, keep the hard parts off the pavement and ride within that and you'll be just fine. That's just me though
    We understand that part of your statement; "That's just me though". A lot of us ride other bikes with a lot more lean angle such as my Kawasaki Concours and a Ninja 1000. Both of those bikes are able to get to 50 degrees of lean angle, the Ninja 1000 will go even more than 50 degrees. After riding one of those and then jumping back on the wing, I tend to drag the pegs everywhere. Also, I do not consider the foot pegs on the wing to be hard parts since they are spring loaded. The wing will lean over about 5 degrees more, once the pegs start to touch down. Hard parts are the crash bars and the pipes. Once they start touching down then you have gone as far as you can go. To quote a friend of mine, the Trialsman; "it's only and old man's bike if you ride it like one"

Funny I thought the thread said "Question for the fast guys?"

All you with other then red bikes shouldn't be repling!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Funny I thought the thread said "Question for the fast guys?"

All you with other then red bikes shouldn't be repling!

Come follow my Blue one..............

shooter
    The black ones are so fast they aren't even in the same zip code. That's why the red ones think they are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    The black ones are so fast they aren't even in the same zip code. That's why the red ones think they are fast.
    Now this one is really fast........