Questions for the fast guys - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Questions for the fast guys

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Which fork brace do you recommend ? I have had the Traxxion front and Penski rear, but never had the fork braces.
    Personally I like the Gen 2 Chrome Fork Brace for GL1800 by Kuryakyn.

As a matter of fact, I have an excellent used one for 125 if you are interested, plus shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Personally I like the Gen 2 Chrome Fork Brace for GL1800 by Kuryakyn.

As a matter of fact, I have an excellent used one for 125 if you are interested, plus shipping
    Thanks for the quick response. I would be interested if it was matte black. Trying to keep any new chrome off the bike.

Eveyrone has there own opinion of what they feel is safe and sane and if yours is draggin your bike all over the place then cool, mine isn't. I just don't feel the need to run that fast on public roads. If you do that's fine but like many would agree take it to the track that way when you do crash you don't take anyone else out.

All I said was either pick a better line and use good technique and ride at sane speed so you don't ever worry about how much your dragging. I can get through the Dragon plenty fast to lose a lot of riders within a few corners and barely touch a foot peg, than again as mentioned I also have Traxxion on my bike with the fully monty and more ground clearance, the F6B has more clearance than a wing to start with and the Valkyrie has even more clearance so it's easier to pick the pace up plenty fast enough.

Even without draggin parts you can easily double almost any speed limit on those curvey roads. Many don't use proper technique and that just leads to more parts dragging and overcooked corners

Ride your own ride. The OP asked what we do, I ride a tiny bit slower so as not to drag anything thats my advice and I still go plenty fast enough to wind up in Jail if I were ever caught. At the end of the day it's your bike, your body do as you will...
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Most of us that ride the big school busses in a spirited fashion, have installed traxxion forks with stronger springs in the front along with a fork brace and a Penski shock in the rear. I also have the fork tubes pushed down in the trees to raise the front of the bike even higher, In the rear I have a custom clevis on the rear shock that is 1/4" longer than stock with results in raising the rear 3/4" . My kick stand is an 1" longer than stock to compensate for the bike being so much higher. Bottom line, it takes a lot more lean angle to drag pegs on this bike than a stock one. However, when I am dragging pegs, a rider on a stock bike could be in trouble trying to stay with me. I will stay that there are a group of guys that I ride with that have similar set ups on their wings and they are all extremely fast. Most all of them are running a car tire on the rear too.
    Ahhhh, so you put a car tire on the back of your bike and then had to throw thousands into the suspension to correct the geometry. I got it.

shooter
    And George that was only his 19th post!

Oy vey!

Hey you and I have the same join date; must have been a full moon that month.

shooter
    Karma , buddy. Kindred spirits. Or we could have just been bored to tears and needed something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSteve View Post
    Ahhhh, so you put a car tire on the back of your bike and then had to throw thousands into the suspension to correct the geometry. I got it.
    No sir, "You Don't Got it" Not even close! Even if I explain it you still can't understand, But I will humor you, That ain't the way it went down, I just got tired of replacing the rear tire evey 6,000 miles so I installed a car tire and now I get 12,000 miles out of a Michelin run flal car tire that cost 1/2 as much as a M/C tire. The suspension up grades came long before the change to a car tire.

I thought about a car tire once but was to chicken to do it LOL. I've ridden one bike with one on it and it wasn't my cup of tea, the low speed stuff bothered my, you turns and such but a lot of guys like them a lot so that's great. Lots of people getting great mileage out of them.

There was cool you tube video of a guy that put a gopro under the bike with a car tire, for sure you get a great contact patch, probably more so than a bike tire and it flexed just fine at crazy lean angles so I don't feel it's dangerous just not really my thing... I get a lot of mileage out of my bike tires so I don't worry to much.

And yes Traxxion is awesome!
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3